Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, brummie said:

Felt sorry for him, he inherited an absolutely out-of-control juggernaut headed directly towards a cliff edge.

That cunt Agbonlahor being the ringleader taking the piss out of him.

If you look at some of the players we had then - Veretout, Amavi, for example, they've gone on to do very well. The club was effectively riddled with cancer.

If I remember Garde came in with a good reputation from France and there was a point he was linked with us, and people on here where clamouring for him. Although that may just have been due to the king :lol:

Said before the move Gerrard was a good manager, so nothing has changed in that respect, but do agree with @ManDoon that this is more about his character coming in and motivating the fuck out of the players than his ability elsewhere. It will tail off and we’ll see what he’s made out of when shit goes against him. I still expect him to stand up to it and do a good job overall. 

11 hours ago, brummie said:

Gerrard isn't getting things sorted with us through being motivational.

We are clearly 10 times as well organised under him than under Dean Smith, way more organised. Not only that, he understands the concept of game managements and using subs to change the game.

We have way more defined shape, a way of playing, and he has turned Marvelous Nakamba into a really decent footballer, and all in a few weeks.

I was decidedly not a fan of his appointment, but his backroom staff (Beale especially) clearly know what they are doing, and he has retained the members of our staff who knew what they were doing. 

He's really impressed me so far. He's also clearly used to winning and has a winning mentality. Five defeats on the bounce to three wins and a creditable defeat to Man City is impressive, but it is down to far more than new manager bounce.

This sounds like me two years ago.

11 hours ago, TRon said:

He's Liverpool through and through. When they come calling he will go. The only reason he's not there now is Klopp is just too good. Tbf, he really wanted the job here, but we would still be his second choice. Why would you trust Gerrard or Brenda when they left massive clubs in Scotland when the second clubs came calling from the PL? The first ones being us. 

If Liverpool came calling for any Villa manager they would go