Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Hate to be that guy, but this shit didn’t happen this often before the vaccine like. 

When I had my Milburn ST from ‘01 to ‘07, there was many a time you’d see St John’s go up into the East Stand to help someone. The game was never stopped. I think that’s part of the reason it’s being noticed more of late.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Not seen much of Barca recently. But whenever I watch them. I can’t believe how badly Busquets has fallen off. Was one of the best DM’s in the world for years. Looks a shadow of his former self. 

Hate to be that guy, but he wasn't shit before the vaccine like. 

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yes it did, games just didn't stop when it happened, which is a recent thing. Anyone who's been on here or read nufc.com reports long enough would have read about it happening at SJP regularly having been none the wiser during the actual match.

This.

23 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Or before Covid? That can also cause heart problems, no? Is there any research anywhere regarding heart attacks and the vaccine. Or is it just people on social media posting guff that then gets shot down via snopes or any news article? Genuinely interested. 

Since my two jabs I’ve had some heart issues, it’s hereditary I’m sure, however, I’m in consultation with one of the top cardiologists in Europe and he claims anyone with underlying heart issues are at risk with being vaccinated, whether it’s a Covid or a Malaria jab or something else and he’s advised me not to get my booster until we find out what is going on. It’s something, from limited research, to do with the proteins in the vaccines and how someone with underlying conditions and how their/our body react to basically being injected with a jab. He did say it’s common, but not deadly, but can trigger certain reactions like how people can get a booster and feel like shit, while others won’t feel any negative reaction. It’s something to think about and may be a contributing factor in many heart issues, but I will say this, having had Covid, if I wasn’t double jabbed, I think I would have been hospitalised. He also said the research is practically at zero and not to be alarmed, but that some people react negatively to all kinds of stuff we inject or put into our system in the name of medicine, from jabs to penicillin. 

FIFA did a study after people kept trying to link players getting cardiac arrests to the vaccine (even though many of those weren't when vaccinated) and found that there was a higher incidence of cardiac arrests in football in 2018 than in 2021

49 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

When I had my Milburn ST from ‘01 to ‘07, there was many a time you’d see St John’s go up into the East Stand to help someone. The game was never stopped. I think that’s part of the reason it’s being noticed more of late.

Been wondering the same too. Happened to someone right behind us at the Stevenage game.

Even though I don't think it's anything to do the current circumstances, and more a reaction to one incident that happened live in a big game, the fact that the reaction is:

"Hey people are collapsing - must be to do with those drugs that people are taking to combat the virus that has swept the globe and killed 6 million people"

just shows the amount of bizarre paranoia that exists in people's minds now.

Christian Eriksen collapsing in front hundreds of millions on live television with the paramedics saving his life probhas something to do with games being stopped for medical emergencies in the stands.

Or it could just be those bloody vaccines, what so I know? 

It’s a little similar to crowd trouble. A big fuss is made when things go overboard and broadcasters don’t always pick up on it. The game doesn’t stop either. There’ll be naïve people who think it’s a rarity but go into a stadium and you’ll often see police/stewards going to the divide between home and away fans because it’s heating up a bit. It jus never gets coverage.

13 minutes ago, triggs said:

FIFA did a study after people kept trying to link players getting cardiac arrests to the vaccine (even though many of those weren't when vaccinated) and found that there was a higher incidence of cardiac arrests in football in 2018 than in 2021

More to do with PEDs than the Covid vax I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Even though I don't think it's anything to do the current circumstances, and more a reaction to one incident that happened live in a big game, the fact that the reaction is:

"Hey people are collapsing - must be to do with those drugs that people are taking to combat the virus that has swept the globe and killed 6 million people"

just shows the amount of bizarre paranoia that exists in people's minds now.

It's like Electronic Voice Phenomenon...dipshits making patterns out of the noise, 100% sure that it's a demon saying, "get out". Of course never mind that they're in an Italian monastery and the demon is speaking in English.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

21 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

What happenned in the Mali game?  - the ref blew for full time at 85 mins and then again at 89mins :lol:

Apparently  they also had a 5 minute drinks break, 6 second half subs and two Var stoppages to add to the 90 as well, the ref has previous including a 2 month ban.