Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I hate "honorable defeats" in football, but given where we're coming from, yesterday we played well and with a little more luck we would've won. Particularly after Pedri and Fati both came in.

Time to end the grieving, new avatar it is.

Edited by Village Idiot

3 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

I hate "honorable defeats" in football, but given where we're coming from, yesterday we played well and with a little more luck we would've won. Particularly after Pedri and Fati both came in.

Time to end the grieving, new avatar it is.

I watched most the first half and then towards the end of the second and ET.  Certainly looked a lot better than under Koeman.  You seemed to carry a threat going forward again and looked the better team for long spells.  Just done on the counter a fair bit and the defence looked pretty exposed.  Can't believe how badly Busquets has fallen off.  

Oh yeah, I get he is at the end of his career.  But it just shows that since La Liga was dropped by Sky Sports, I have only watched it here and there.  As the last time I saw him regularly, he was still top quality.  Maybe it's been more of a slow burner and I just never watched Barca enough to notice. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Can't believe they didn't ship him off to Roma in the summer when they had the chance. Instead they gave that absolute liability a new deal. Peak Arsenal.

A good friend of mine is a  die hard Arsenal fan and he was perplexed. They should have taken any money whatsoever that was offered for him. Think it was like £15 million too, which is actually pretty decent for him, as he is a complete disaster for them. Just too slow and cumbersome for Arsenal's style of play. Italy would have actually really suited him.

Just realised they've got a number of midfielders missing as they are at ACON and they also moved Maitland-Niles to Roma in Jan, who can also play in there. And so this likely screws them in the league now too, as they will be extremely stretched in that position :lol:

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A good friend of mine is a  die hard Arsenal fan and he was perplexed. They should have taken any money whatsoever that was offered for him. Think it was like £15 million too, which is actually pretty decent for him, as he is a complete disaster for them. Just too slow and cumbersome for Arsenal's style of play. Italy would have actually really suited him.

He didn't want to leave though.

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

Tinfoil hat on but not a red for me

I thought it seemed kind of harsh at first.  Ramsdale looks a bit unsure and maybe panics Xhaka even more than usual. But watching it back, it’s a blatant red by the laws of the game, surely? 

Arsenal have defended well. But I find them boring to watch under Arteta at the best of times.

Liverpool have been brutal. I suppose most teams would miss one of the best in the world. But without Salah, they look toothless. Mane is missing, as well. I guess. But he has been wasteful this season. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Coppa Italia; Fiorentina get a man sent off before scoring to take the lead. Napoli then get two men sent off... before scoring to equalise. :lol: Fiorentina then bag three in ET. Crayzee. 

Italian football is full of goals these days like.