Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Watford are going to win and the pressure on Newcastle will increase.

Worst possible result, Watford win and we lose v Leeds , both big favourites to happen as well. 

Could be a disaster weekend  

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

This is a complete myth. He has 4 goals and 10 assists playing with Ronaldo this season, and Greenwood's goal on Wednesday was because of great link up play between the two.

People just like finding anything to criticise about our two most unlikeable players. :lol: The team as a whole is absolutely shit. Without Bruno and Ronaldo we'd be properly fucked.

I’ve been generally trying to avoid football these last couple of years so I confess I’ve not been following so closely. Are you really absolute shit? How? You’ve spent an insane amount of money on this squad.

4 hours ago, GWN said:

Worst possible result, Watford win and we lose v Leeds , both big favourites to happen as well. 

Could be a disaster weekend  

We need to mash the panic-spend button to stay up, and sacrificing one more game to maximize the transfer pressure could be ultimately beneficial. Our best hope of going on a good run would be with much better players than we have now. 

Watford had a stinking run going into our game, which they were five minutes off losing. Its a hard call, but perhaps a result against Norwich that gets Ranieri off the hook for a few weeks longer may ultimately hurt them. I don't know if its Ranieri or not, but their form has been worse than ours. Of course, the replacement could be just as bad or worse.

33 minutes ago, Stottie said:

We need to mash the panic-spend button to stay up, and sacrificing one more game to maximize the transfer pressure could be ultimately beneficial. Our best hope of going on a good run would be with much better players than we have now. 

Watford had a stinking run going into our game, which they were five minutes off losing. Its a hard call, but perhaps a result against Norwich that gets Ranieri off the hook for a few weeks longer may ultimately hurt them. I don't know if its Ranieri or not, but their form has been worse than ours. Of course, the replacement could be just as bad or worse.

id want a draw here mate in my opinion 

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I’ve been generally trying to avoid football these last couple of years so I confess I’ve not been following so closely. Are you really absolute shit? How? You’ve spent an insane amount of money on this squad.

I have a horrible feeling some might be saying this about our squad when this window closes. 

4 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Depends on your definition of absolutely shit. 

Lots of money spent on players who are either playing terrible (Maguire), or don't want to be there (Martial, Pogba). Over £200m in those 3 players alone. 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Depends on your definition of absolutely shit. 

Lots of money spent on players who are either playing terrible (Maguire), or don't want to be there (Martial, Pogba). Over £200m in those 3 players alone. 

Naah, depends upon your definition - you said the team was absolutely shit. I’ve only seen bits and bobs. I was interested to hear your thoughts on why. Just based on transfer fees it’s supposedly the second-most expensive squad in the world.

Obviously the coaching has left something to be desired for a while. Is it a disconnect between recruitment and management? Sure, you’ve overpaid for a few (?) guys but with that volume and the sums you’ve spent it’s insane to me that you’re not better. Money doesn’t guarantee anything, but not being top four along with Chelsea/Man City/Liverpool after that much spend is criminal.

Feels like all you really need is a truly top-class manager and a couple of years.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I have a horrible feeling some might be saying this about our squad when this window closes. 

Can see you spending a lot but not insane amounts. Looks like you’re aiming at £20-30M players. Also, you could argue that if it keeps you up then it doesn’t really matter all that much how much you spend.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Horrendous game. Both horrible sides 

Like watching Steve Bruce’s NUFC vs Eddie Howe’s NUFC…