Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I've only just cottoned on to the fact that we're about to have an international break with no internationals. FFS man. 

Aye me too. Just presumed it was fa cup next weekend without realising we aren't playing the following weekend either

6 hours ago, HTT II said:

Get in Tunisia

What did Nigeria do to you? :lol: Rubbish performance out of nowhere from every player beside Ndidi. Tunisia spoiled the game after taking the lead, which is their specialty, credit to them. There are crucial WC qualifiers in two months and another AFCON in 18, so it does not hurt much. For those interested, Comoros do not have a keeper for today's match and will have an outfield player in goal against host and favourite Cameroon, sounds unfavourable.

Speaking of the qualifiers, the draw is out for the final round and they will be a bloodbath:

Algeria vs Cameroon, Senegal vs Egypt, Morocco vs DR Congo, Tunisia vs Mali, and Nigeria vs Ghana.

People will die over these Ghana matches, I am sure of it. :lol: This format of sending every team through a two match playoff is mad, tbh. Hard to understand that only one of two the best players in Africa, Salah or Mane, will be in Qatar, despite both sides dominating their groups.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

6 hours ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

What did Nigeria do to you? :lol: Rubbish performance out of nowhere from every player beside Ndidi. Tunisia spoiled the game after taking the lead, which is their specialty, credit to them. There are crucial WC qualifiers in two months and another AFCON in 18, so it does not hurt much. For those interested, Comoros do not have a keeper for today's match and will have an outfield player in goal against host and favourite Cameroon, sounds unfavourable.

Speaking of the qualifiers, the draw is out for the final round and they will be a bloodbath:

Algeria vs Cameroon, Senegal vs Egypt, Morocco vs DR Congo, Tunisia vs Mali, and Nigeria vs Ghana.

People will die over these Ghana matches, I am sure of it. :lol: This format of sending every team through a two match playoff is mad, tbh. Hard to understand that only one of two the best players in Africa, Salah or Mane, will be in Qatar, despite both sides dominating their groups.

As soon as Tunisia scored first I just knew we were out. Never feel confident when we go behind in important matches. Shocking performance.

12 hours ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Ah nowt man, I love Nigeria, some of my mates are originally from there and my first memory of them was USA ‘94, plus Okocha was a huge fave of mine. But my very very good friend is from Tunisia and I’ve been there twice now, it was mine and my now wife’s first ever holiday not long after we first started dating so it holds special memories and we took the boys back there a few years back. Great country and people.

Just now, geordie_b said:

Its always happened, games just have to stop now. So by saying its happening too much you imply that you dont want games stopped to help them...

I was more concerned about the people it's happening to 

5 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Its always happened, games just have to stop now. So by saying its happening too much you imply that you dont want games stopped to help them...

Managed to get through 150 years of football without stopping the game, I don't know why it's suddenly necessary. Nobody seemed that bothered about the issue before Newcastle vs Spurs in October, now it's suddenly essential.

19 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Managed to get through 150 years of football without stopping the game, I don't know why it's suddenly necessary. Nobody seemed that bothered about the issue before Newcastle vs Spurs in October, now it's suddenly essential.

Most of these other incidents aren’t even cardiac arrests.

I can understand stopping the game if we’ve got CPR going on not far from the pitch (and potentially a viewing TV audience), but that isn’t the case for the majority.

Edited by Fantail Breeze