Jump to content

Other games (2021/22)


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Froggy is the only Man Utd fan who rates him.  Basically OGS's Luke Edwards.

My brother is a Man-U fan and he adores him for some bizarre reason

 

I think he's done well, he was a good appointment for where they were at but you watch them play and you haven't a clue what's going on

 

The top managers (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel) have a clear identity, Solskjaer doesn't 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vardy man, what a player he has been, Leicester were dominant, Man Utd look as much of a shambles on and off the ball as we do. Perez come on and added pressing and quick passes and he set two goals up. Delighted for him. Man Utd have amazing players, a really strong squad, but it’s kind of like OGS is throwing players in here there and everywhere with no real plan or thought. Ronaldo was so poor. Sancho just doesn’t fit in either, if they persist with OGS he’ll end up like van de Beek but will get more game time. 

 

 

Edited by HTT II

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s the likelihood of fans turning on Ole @Froggy? The feeling in the fan base must be that his time is up right?

 

The general feeling now is that he's taken us as far as he is can and we're ready for the change. Most sensible fans can see the good job that he done, and we were really hopeful that he would be able to challenge with us but it's not looking at all possible. 

 

He brought the good feeling back around the club and progressed us from where we were under LVG and Jose, but against European managers and managers from other clubs in the top 6 he's getting tactically outclassed. He might get us close to some trophies but the squad is too good to not be challenging on all fronts. 

 

We will never turn on him though. We'll continue singing his name and just hope the board makes the right decision for the club. 

 

5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Froggy is the only Man Utd fan who rates him.  Basically OGS's Luke Edwards.

 

I mean, I would imagine I know several hundred more Man United fans than you do, and that your experience is one based on social media which is full of fucking twats. 

 

He has done a very good job. Most can recognise this. Unfortunately it's unlikely he's capable of winning the league with us. I don't want to make light of Leicester, as they're an excellent side, but we can't be losing 4-2 to them, especially when we needed a result. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

My brother is a Man-U fan and he adores him for some bizarre reason

 

I think he's done well, he was a good appointment for where they were at but you watch them play and you haven't a clue what's going on

 

The top managers (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel) have a clear identity, Solskjaer doesn't 

 

Is it really that hard to understand why Ole has the support he does? 

 

The rest of your post is pretty much spot on. He can't control games and keep the opposition under pressure. We were fine when we weren't expected to win the league. Now that a challenge is expected he's crumbling. It's what we feared, but calls for his head before the start of this season were pathetic. He deserved the chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion isn't based off social media.  I have family who are fans.  I've been to games with family and mates in the past 3 years.  All of them were dull affairs. Hell, I had a membership up until the rona hit.  Plus I post on another active football forum with a lot of Man Utd fans who have been utterly done with OGS for ages.  You're legit the only person I've seen put up a defence for him.

 

 

Edited by David Edgar

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

 

Is it really that hard to understand why Ole has the support he does? 

 

The rest of your post is pretty much spot on. He can't control games and keep the opposition under pressure. We were fine when we weren't expected to win the league. Now that a challenge is expected he's crumbling. It's what we feared, but calls for his head before the start of this season were pathetic. He deserved the chance. 

Liking Ole I totally get but as a manager I don't understand why he's adored and why he has as much support as he does

 

It's not even a knee jerk thing, he's shown his limitations time and time again

 

It's fine to thank/recognise him for what he's done up until this point but you should be calling for him to be moved on and replaced with better 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

My opinion isn't based off social media.  I have family who are fans.  I've been to games with family and mates in the past 3 years.  All of them were dull affairs. Hell, I had a membership up until the rona hit.  Plus I post on another active football forum with a lot of Man Utd fans who have been utterly done with OGS for ages.  You're legit the only person I've seen put up a defence for him.

 

 

 

 

You have probably just seen me be more defensive on here because of the sheer amount of abuse he gets. I get it, it's a Newcastle fan board and its to be expected, but maybe that's why it seems like I'm the only one defending him. 

 

It was more hope than anything. A legend coming back to the club when it's in a bad way and taking them from 6th to the title is dream stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Liking Ole I totally get but as a manager I don't understand why he's adored and why he has as much support as he does

 

It's not even a knee jerk thing, he's shown his limitations time and time again

 

It's fine to thank/recognise him for what he's done up until this point but you should be calling for him to be moved on and replaced with better 

 

I don't think any fan has ever adored him as a manager. :lol: just hoped he would improve more than what he did. 

 

Personally, I'd never demand a manager be sacked, regardless of my thoughts. I'll support him until the end and just hope the club makes the right decision. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

 

I don't think any fan has ever adored him as a manager. :lol: just hoped he would improve more than what he did. 

 

Personally, I'd never demand a manager be sacked, regardless of my thoughts. I'll support him until the end and just hope the club makes the right decision. 

 

 

My brother does, which is what I was saying. When I challenge him on all the things such as way of playing, in game tactics, etc etc he just says "wait and see"

 

Yeah, I get that approach, I guess we are used to asking for managers to be sacked (as they tend to be absolute dogshit) 

 

He gets a result out of the bag which keeps it going, won't be surprised if you beat Atalanta and Liverpool but then drop points to Spurs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Werner makes the most amazing runs and gets into great positions, if only he could finish and Chelsea as good as they are other than under Ancelotti and Lampard for a little spell where they played nice attractive football, they have always played the same kind of functional, methodical and very boring football for me. I just didn’t enjoy watching them play at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Right decision. Long may it continue. 

 

 

Tbf they were unbeaten in like 29 away games, so no mean feat, he will not get them winning major honours full stop though under him, they are the new Spurs of recent years, threatening but will always fall way short overall. Again, long may he continue…

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Disco unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...