Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Doesn't look good for Smith. That being said, are the results that surprising? I don't think they have a particularly good team, and even if they've lost 3 in a row before this match, with exception of Arsenal, they have been by 1 goal margin against teams with better squads. Before that they won against Man Utd, drew at Chelsea and demoished Everton.

Hause got away with one there. Endangered an opponent and looked as though there was a bit of intent to it. Surprised they didn’t make the ref take a look.

Konsa red was close but probably correct? Bowen would have almost certainly got a clear shot off within the area. 

You wonder what Moyes would have done at Man Utd had he been afforded the same time as Solskjaer.

Wouldn’t count on Villa being in the relegation battle. Might take a managerial change but there are plenty of goals in that squad. McGinn & Luiz are ahead of most central midfields down there too. 

2 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

I don't understand Norwich, why even bother getting promoted

They are comfortably in that gray area between “too good for the Champo” and “not quite good enough for the Prem.” Along with the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth, and West Brom, who happen to be top 3 in the Champo at the moment. :lol:

We flirt with that gray area far too much for my liking.

West Ham are great to watch now. Pace and power with Antonio/Bowen, subtlety with Fornals/Behrahma/Lanzini and a huge threat at set pieces.

They sort of stumbled on Moyes again and he's been great for them. They're flying in all competitions

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We sort of stumbled on Rafa again and he's been great for us. We're flying in all competitions.

FYP. (not a slight or owt at you mate, just pointing out that going back works... sometimes). I'd have him back yesterday fwiw.

Edited by Doc

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

West Ham are great to watch now. Pace and power with Antonio/Bowen, subtlety with Fornals/Behrahma/Lanzini and a huge threat at set pieces.

They sort of stumbled on Moyes again and he's been great for them. They're flying in all competitions

They’ve got a very good balance to their team and from what I’ve seen of Rice this season, he always seems to have time on the ball, it’s as if players know they’ll come out second best in a tussle so they don’t even bother.

If we’re going to start assembling an expensive squad, that’s who we should be after. 22 years old, probably a future England captain.

19 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

They’ve got a very good balance to their team and from what I’ve seen of Rice this season, he always seems to have time on the ball, it’s as if players know they’ll come out second best in a tussle so they don’t even bother.

If we’re going to start assembling an expensive squad, that’s who we should be after. 22 years old, probably a future England captain.

£100m+ though? Maybe we will spend that in a few years time on individual players- can’t see it anytime soon though, considering we need a whole new squad. 

That Villa game gave me some hope. There's plenty of time for us to get out of trouble if we do well in Jan, but was starting to wonder who could get dragged in, especially as think Leeds will be safe. Got some hope now that Grealish-less Villa could get pulled in. Maybe Watford, and Brentford when teams get them figured out.

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

That Villa game gave me some hope. There's plenty of time for us to get out of trouble if we do well in Jan, but was starting to wonder who could get dragged in, especially as think Leeds will be safe. Got some hope now that Grealish-less Villa could get pulled in. Maybe Watford, and Brentford when teams get them figured out.

Any 3 from us, Norwich, Burnley, Brentford, Southampton, Leeds, Watford imo