Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

The formation change has totally transformed Barca. Pity they didn't do it a few weeks earlier.

It's amazing Messi scores as many as he does these days as he barely even gets in the box anymore

I’m keeping football at arm’s length, but wanted to share this. My wife’s a Villa fan. We met in Birmingham the night before  the New Year’s Day match 2008 (Spurs lost). Spurs lost the next match too, while we were engaged and preparing to move to the US. We got married in Jan 2009. Since then, Spurs’ record against Villa in all competitions is P20, W16, D3, L1. I’m almost sorry for her. Almost.

I must be one of the only people who think Mourinho is doing okay with that Spurs side. Kane and Son are class, but beyond that they’re not the best. I think the great start they had increased expectations.

In n a League Cup Final and still very much in the running for 4th. They’re also above Liverpool right now but Klopp escapes criticism in comparison to Mourinho.

They’ve had some honking performances mind.

I must be one of the only people who think Mourinho is doing okay with that Spurs side. Kane and Son are class, but beyond that they’re not the best. I think the great start they had increased expectations.

In n a League Cup Final and still very much in the running for 4th. They’re also above Liverpool right now but Klopp escapes criticism in comparison to Mourinho.

They’ve had some honking performances mind.

Klopp won the league last season and the CL the season before. Only right he gets less criticism

Messi is currently on 23 goals and 11 assists in the league, and that's with us sucking for the most part of the season. Whoever gets him next year is going to win the CL.

You still think he won't stay? That Barca team looks really fun at the moment. Even Griezmann and Dembele are starting to play well

Messi is currently on 23 goals and 11 assists in the league, and that's with us sucking for the most part of the season. Whoever gets him next year is going to win the CL.

You still think he won't stay? That Barca team looks really fun at the moment. Even Griezmann and Dembele are starting to play well

Yeah - by all acounts there's not been any kind of conclusive reporting, but it's the feeling I have. He wants to win in Europe and we haven't provided that in a long time.

Incidentally after today he's the Barça player with most games played in official competitions, having passed Xavi.

Village Idiot

triggs

Village Idiot
Yeah - by all acounts there's not been any kind of conclusive reporting, but it's the feeling I have. He wants to win in Europe and we haven't provided that in a long time.

Incidentally after today he's the Barça player with most games played in official competitions, having passed Xavi.

Barcelona were a joy to watch last night. They've a Guinean central midfielder, 18 year old, absolutely bossed Sociedad's midfield including Mikel Merino. Messi, Dest & Dembele were glorious. Still think Griezmann is out of his depth at Barca mind, looked a few levels beneath the rest.

I've greatly enjoyed all the kids coming through this season. Moriba has awesome confidence for his age and role. Plus he always bailed out my FM saves.

It wouldn't suprise me if Dembele gets sold in the summer though, he hasn't resigned and he will just have one year left. Pity, since he seems to finally be starting to realize his potential.

Edited by Village Idiot

2 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

I've greatly enjoyed all the kids coming through this season. Moriba has awesome confidence for his age and role. Plus he always bailed out my FM saves.

It wouldn't suprise me if Dembele gets sold in the summer though, he hasn't resigned and he will just have one year left. Pity, since he seems to finally be starting to realize his potential.

Dembele was fantastic yesterday. I loved his intent after having that goal (wrongly) disallowed, he was a man possessed for the next 10 minutes resulting in a quite wonderful run & goal. I'd sell Griezmann if anyone, Dembele is looking the part.

Pedri, Puig, Ilaix, Trincao, Dest, Araujo, Fati, so much to be excited about with this team again. 

Edited by Infinitely Content

8 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Dembele was fantastic yesterday. I loved his intent after having that goal (wrongly) disallowed, he was a man possessed for the next 10 minutes resulting in a quite wonderful run & goal. I'd sell Griezmann if anyone, Dembele is looking the part.

Pedri, Puig, Ilaix, Trincao, Dest, Araujo, Fati, so much to be excited about with this team again. 

Add Dembele, Frankie and Menguiza who has been the biggest bonus of the lot IMO

Added to this they will likely promote Alex Callerdo from the B team next year 

it’s like Cruyff always said - the answers will always lie in La Masia

His recovery from the knee surgery wasn't going well, and he's had to go under the knife again. So now he'll take the whole season off instead of just 4 months. I'm quite worried, to be frank. Club maintains they are taking a careful approach and that he should come back strong.

Edited by Village Idiot