Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Kante is fucking mint, man. Has pretty much been consistently mint since he came to England. No one is too good for him. No one. He's not infallible but if he's having a decent game and he's coming for you he's fucking getting it. And as a supposed defensive midfielder too his passing and vision can be mint. And his forward runs. One of my favourite PL players in the past 5 years. 

Aye, he's incredible. Was Leicesters best player when they won the league. He was fucking everywhere in some of those games, just breaking up attacks everywhere. 

Chelsea unlucky. Rain came down and they lost their rhythm as were looking likely to add an early 2nd. Should’ve had a penalty 2nd half. Surprised no one mentioned it. The kind surely VAR was designed for.

Tie far from over though...

22 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Aye, he's incredible. Was Leicesters best player when they won the league. He was fucking everywhere in some of those games, just breaking up attacks everywhere. 

Oh aye they wouldnt have won the league without him. They had a few players you could say that about in that team too mind. I think take any one of Kante, Vardy and Mahrez out that team and they dont quite win it I dont think.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Oh aye they wouldnt have won the league without him. They had a few players you could say that about in that team too mind. I think take any one of Kante, Vardy and Mahrez out that team and they dont quite win it I dont think.

He was unreal in Conte's Chelsea as well the season following. Two titles on the bounce with different sides. Might be the only player to do that in the PL era? 

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Christ, I don't know how anyone can actually root for this filth. There's not a single likeable club left in this competition, they're all filthy bastard rats  :lol:

In the context of «If I am going to choose one of them». Other than that you are right. 

33 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He was unreal in Conte's Chelsea as well the season following. Two titles on the bounce with different sides. Might be the only player to do that in the PL era? 

Think so although Cantona half did it - won the old D1 title with Leeds then the first PL with Man United. Thought David May might have but he left Blackburn before they won it.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Been superb.

Was a shame that tab hound Sarri pretty much ruined his impact and post World Cup momentum by hoying him into attacking midfield after two successful seasons as the best defensive central midfielder in the world. Mad cunt.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Obviously dont watch much of Chelsea but am I right in remembering Lampard not playing him as much when he took the job? Or was he injured at times? 

Didn't he play him in an attacking midfield role? Which was weird.

Edit: never mind, should have read the post above lol.

It was Sarri.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Was a shame that tab hound Sarri pretty much ruined his impact and post World Cup momentum by hoying him into attacking midfield after two successful seasons as the best defensive central midfielder in the world. Mad cunt.

Kante was pretty much playing that role tonight first half tbf athough I do somewhat agree.

Sarri used to play him attacking mid against relegation fodder and even though Kante is fantastic he's not good enough technically to play in that position against those types of teams

Kante (and Perhaps Nezema) were the two players on the pitch who were "world class" last night.

Kante did everything, stealing, pressuring, cutting off pass lines and his attacking intent was awsome, he was involved in 90% of the decent chelsea attacks.

Benzema´s movement off the ball was unbelievable, I don´t think he was dispossessed at any time. Had a fizzer come off the post and buried a quarter chance at best. Unreal!

Timo werner is like our own Joe, how the hell is he worth 40 mill? His off the ball work is horrible, on numerous chelsea attcks he should have gone wide (draw defender) or diagonally inside (bunch defenders and leave space on outside) and he did neither. In the second half you could see the other atttackers unwilling to give him the ball (with reason).

Enjoyed it, and hope Madrid get stuffed becuase their "mr burns" president is the wart on the beautiful face of football...

37 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Sarri used to play him attacking mid against relegation fodder and even though Kante is fantastic he's not good enough technically to play in that position against those types of teams

Didn't watch the game yesterday, but makes sense to play him further up the pitch if you want to break down the oppositions attacks early and attacking isn't quite as important. Kante has the pace and energy to get back to a defensive position if they do bypass him as well. 

Very different to playing him as an attacking midfielder with the intent of him actually creating and scoring goals. 

52 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Didn't watch the game yesterday, but makes sense to play him further up the pitch if you want to break down the oppositions attacks early and attacking isn't quite as important. Kante has the pace and energy to get back to a defensive position if they do bypass him as well. 

Very different to playing him as an attacking midfielder with the intent of him actually creating and scoring goals. 

It's a bit similar to how Rafa tried to use Sissoko against Man City and Spurs