Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Parker relegated with West Ham = baffling Player of the Year award

Should we expect Manager of the Year this time?

Wouldn’t surprise me how much some people have creamed over him. He’s been garbage.

Struggled to get them promoted last season despite having the best team in the league and they’ve barely threatened to get safe at any point this season.

Plays sexy football though. So he’s the next best thing. He’s being linked with the Tottenham job ffs :lol:

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There's something incredibly unlikeable about Parker, I can't put my finger on it.

Direct correlation with high score on the face-punchability index. That and the memories of all the spinny little turns. 

Fulham always appeared to be basically Diet-Brighton. Knocked it about well enough but were utterly toothless and simply couldn't win enough games to even give themselves a chance. Meh, fuck it

I love how he’s making a point based on the thoughts of a very small minority :lol:

It’s also a moot point. We have a much better and balanced team than Fulham and should have comfortably finished above them.

Even though I think he’s crap and he’s just relegated Fulham - I’d still take Parker over Bruce. I’d at least be able to have hope Parker would improve, rather than knowing Bruce has always been, and always will be, shit.

Mitro’s embarrassing premier league record is a bit harsh on him tbh. He’s not had the most creativity around him and his stats when being a regular previously aren’t too bad. Only a handful of strikers get in double figures and usually in much better teams. 

He didn’t suit Rafa’s style, but Rafa’s insistence on playing Joselu/Gayle over Mitro was still bizarre given how ineffective they were. It’s clear Mitrovic has ability and does score goals when he’s the main man. Saying that he loves missing chances and could lose some weight. Plus that neck tattoo makes him look like a member of the Serbian mafia. 

Edited by St. Maximin

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There's something incredibly unlikeable about Parker, I can't put my finger on it.

Is it because he always looks like he's come from or is heading to a fox hunt? 

8 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Mitro’s embarrassing premier league record is a bit harsh on him tbh. He’s not had the most creativity around him and his stats when being a regular previously aren’t too bad. Only a handful of strikers get in double figures and usually in much better teams. 

He didn’t suit Rafa’s style, but Rafa’s insistence on playing Joselu/Gayle over Mitro was still bizarre given how ineffective they were. It’s clear Mitrovic has ability and does score goals when he’s the main man. Saying that he loves missing chances and could lose some weight. Plus that neck tattoo makes him look like a member of the Serbian mafia. 

Can't believe people are still spouting this shite. He's about to spend his 4th season at Championship level. Gayle scored the goals that won us the Championship, Mitro looked incredibly sluggish every time he played for us in the Championship and it was no surprise at the time when he was consistently benched. Jesus, even Daryl Murphy was way ahead of him that year. Unless you're Ronaldo / Neymar levels you do not deserve to be able to sulk about just because it's not all about you.

My over-riding memory of Mitro in a Newcastle shirt is the amount of spurned gilt-edged chances he had. He missed a huge number of easy goals that a natural striker would put away. I liked him but he was a poor goalscorer for us 

Mitrovic style of play doesn't work much in the premier league or in the sort of the teams he's played for including us, someone with more mobility like Wilson works much better, but i think there is a really good striker in him if he moves to another league, he broke Serbia's all time goal scoring record already and still got a good few years ahead of him.

10 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Bruce's mate again.

All Newcastle fans on Twitter need to block Luke and never see his Tweets. Sick to death him baiting Newcastle fans and dozens of bites happening every time. Luke just loves it when we bite. Rather his Tweets had zero responses.

He's a troll, that is best ignored. When he's not antagonising Newcastle fans, he's race baiting. The more reactions he gets, the more he'll keep posting his poison.

Just don't visit his feed, don't click on his links and don't link to his material.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't believe people are still spouting this shite. He's about to spend his 4th season at Championship level. Gayle scored the goals that won us the Championship, Mitro looked incredibly sluggish every time he played for us in the Championship and it was no surprise at the time when he was consistently benched. Jesus, even Daryl Murphy was way ahead of him that year. Unless you're Ronaldo / Neymar levels you do not deserve to be able to sulk about just because it's not all about you.

Sorry I have a different opinion to you. Thanks for your very kind words though :bluestar:

I was talking about in the Premier League by the way if that helps. I know Gayle was much better in the Championship, but he definitely isn't a better Premier League striker and Joselu certainly isn't. Saying that, maybe you should go check Mitrovic's stats in the Championship since 2017? You know, as in more recently, when he was actually first choice unlike when Rafa was manager.

38 in 57 is pretty good.

Edited by St. Maximin

It's not about opinions, it's about stats. Mitro's are shocking in the PL.

33 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

but he definitely isn't a better Premier League striker

What are you basing this on? There must be something obvious that I'm missing for you to be so absolutely sure.

Who do you manage by the way, given that you know more about football than Champions League winner Rafa Benitez I'm assuming you're doing quite well for yourself.

16 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's not about opinions, it's about stats. Mitro's are shocking in the PL.

What are you basing this on? There must be something obvious that I'm missing for you to be so absolutely sure.

Who do you manage by the way, given that you know more about football than Champions League winner Rafa Benitez I'm assuming you're doing quite well for yourself.

How do you define 'shocking'?

Before this season he had 20 in 77, including a fair few sub appearances. Hardly sublime but at the same time not shocking either given the teams he was playing for. As I mentioned above, only a handful of strikers get into double figures these days and most of them are in the top 10. He played for rubbish Newcastle and Fulham sides.

Yes he has been crap this season, but he's also been out of favour, hence why he keeps coming off the bench. This goes back to my point before that when he is the main man, he proves himself to be a goal scorer. He showed it twice at Fulham in the Championship and didn't disgrace himself on either occasion in the Prem before this season. Just the 41 goals in 64 for Serbia also.

And the classic Champions League winner (16 years ago) can never be wrong comment. The best managers in the world will all make mistakes, I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I mean I just had an opinion you didn't agree with. No need to get so angry :lol:

Edited by St. Maximin

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Mitro’s not good enough for the PL man, come on. He’s a likeable character but playing him up front for you in this league is mental. 

Depends how you determine not good enough. If 9-11 goals in a crap side isn't then fair enough.

I mean he's not going to take anyone into Europe, but there's lots of strikers that can't get into double figures but will still get careers in the Prem.

I don't want him back mind. 

Guest neesy111

3 relegations in 6 years for Mitro in England now.  You can't build a side for him in the PL.