Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Disco said:

Footballers in not wanting to lose finals shocker.

You don't want to lose any game, doesn't mean you should act like a dick after it, fucking suck it up and act like an adult.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

There's no doubt that he has a habit of making strange team selections in big games. Apart from changing his midfield, Cancelo's been arguably their best player this season, a huge part of the way they've played, and didn't even get on the pitch.

Sure, and those things can be challenged and should be thought about critically but this idea that he’s a bottle job when he’s made it to the final of the toughest football competition and made it to four finals in total this season just doesn’t make any sense. Semi-finals are high pressure matches, so are quarter finals

14 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Taking the runners up medals off straight away, spoilt little brats :yao:

Aye and the fans in tears and devastated, as if they haven’t had enough success in recent years. They are beyond lucky to even be in the champions league at all.

There's no way I'm parading around with a runners up medal around my neck if I've just lost the biggest game of my career [emoji38]

It would definitely take place in a medal collection but its one of those that's left there and never really talked about imo. 

Either you win the trophy, or nothing else really matters. 

Edited by Scotty66

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Guardiola's decision not to play with a recognised DM felt like a gamble that he didn't need to take. Why experiment when you've got the better team?

Could not understand it - he finally found a formula this season then at the end messes it up 

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Imagine posting criticism on a football forum of fans and players at being disappointed at losing the European Cup final. 

Celebration / Respect policing is a weird new fad I dont think I’ll ever understand.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Celebration / Respect policing is a weird new fad I dont think I’ll ever understand.

Think it's related to us as a club being shite forever.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Think it's related to us as a club being shite forever.

Nah, you see it all the time all over the place.

E.g. Arsenal score a last minute equaliser against someone gash, fans go postal. Fans of club B, C and D hur hur you’re celebrating goals that aren’t winners. Aye no shit I am, have you never been to football?

43 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Kante Balon D’Or. just give it to him now. 

I appreciate the sentiment, and I proper love Ngolo, but Lewandowski should win by default this year after they stole it from   him last year because Ligue Un got cancelled.

13 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I think it is a bit tbh, it's petulant.

It's a game of football when said and done.

To you it might be yeah, to these guys who have been playing football since 6/7 years old dreaming of winning the Champions League and 15-20 years of hard work later they get to the final and lose not knowing if they'll get another chance. They'll be devastated in that moment.

19 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Aye and the fans in tears and devastated, as if they haven’t had enough success in recent years. They are beyond lucky to even be in the champions league at all.

What the fuck are you on about? Man City just lost the CL final, you want their fans to celebrate?

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

What the fuck are you on about? Man City just lost the CL final, you want their fans to celebrate?

Eh, i'm not even on about the fans.

Obviously, i don't expect the players to celebrate, just not act like spoilt kids.

8 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Respect in football has eroded over the years in general, remember when our fans stayed behind to applaud Arsenal and Man U lift the FA Cup, that would never happen now.

(Not sure i could have done it like) :lol:

From memory that was as much to clap our lads off down the tunnel (as we had that end) as much anything else.

7 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

To you it might be yeah, to these guys who have been playing football since 6/7 years old dreaming of winning the Champions League and 15-20 years of hard work later they get to the final and lose not knowing if they'll get another chance. They'll be devastated in that moment.

There are times we are all devastated in life, still got to try and act with a bit of dignity.