Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Ben White looked like a lost pup out there. Brutal debut 

He's small for a centre back, which is why he looked best on the side in a back 3, or as a deep midfielder when he was at Brighton. Looking a very questionable purchase already for a team that already lacks so much physicality.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Lap of honour and fans going on like they've won the league.

I've developed a bit if a disliking for these in 2mins.

Fans of newly promoted, first timer PL sides are fucking unbearable.

I guarantee you, inside a few weeks they'll be going places like SJP and VP and singing "You're not famous any more" like they're Bayern Munich.

Newly promoted clubs have been a hatred of mine for years.

Already look at Frank and Brentford, like they've just won the World Cup and ended the climate crisis. 

They'll be unbearable really quickly, I guarantee you.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Fans of newly promoted, first timer PL sides are fucking unbearable.

I guarantee you, inside a few weeks they'll be going places like SJP and VP and singing "You're not famous any more" like they're Bayern Munich.

Newly promoted clubs have been a hatred of mine for years.

Already look at Frank and Brentford, like they've just won the World Cup and ended the climate crisis. 

They'll be unbearable really quickly, I guarantee you.

"You're shit, ahhhhhhh" from goal kicks too. 

33 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's small for a centre back, which is why he looked best on the side in a back 3, or as a deep midfielder when he was at Brighton. Looking a very questionable purchase already for a team that already lacks so much physicality.

We were linked with him after his loan spell in the Championship with Leeds. Walked away when we were quoted more than 25 million pounds (all rumours of course,  but from somewhat reliable journalist).  When he played, always felt that Potters and Bielsa's systems made him look much better than what he is.

Anyways, with respect to Arsenal, not quite sure what this axis of Edu and Arteta have achieved to get this much patience from their board. 

Ivan Toney got man of the match, he dominated the Arsenal defense today, Arsenal are starting to remind me of how we play when we are on a bad period, the players show up and  play pretend football, any team who is a bit aggressive and wants to win more takes the three point from them.

As for Brentford i'm happy for them, not sure if the rest of their season will be this good but at least tonight will be a night they won't forget.

I can forgive Brentford and their fans for going a bit OTT tonight. It’s their first top flight game in over half a century, first game with max fans at a new ground, and they’ve bossed it against a big club. Arsenal were awful, but you can’t take anything anyway from Brentford.

70+ years without reaching the top flight, never in the premier league before, and first game with a full crowd since March 2020 :lol: It was a bit OTT but might as well enjoy it

Edited by Ameritoon

Arsenal are turning into us. By that I mean, these sorts of games, you know they’re going to lose before it starts and then people will question the quality and passion on display - that’s what you always associate with us 

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

70+ years without reaching the top flight, never in the premier league before, and first game will a full crowd since March 2020 :lol: It was a bit OTT but might as well enjoy it

Wait I take it back

3 hours ago, BlackandWhite said:

I can forgive Brentford and their fans for going a bit OTT tonight. It’s their first top flight game in over half a century, first game with max fans at a new ground, and they’ve bossed it against a big club. Arsenal were awful, but you can’t take anything anyway from Brentford.

Agreed, how dare they enjoy themselves for winning their first PL game!

Turned the post-match off after the Frank interview, did they talk about how Jansson was holding the keeper for the 2nd goal at all? :lol:  I mean he should have done better and the angle wasn't great but it looked a clear foul to me but no one wanted to talk about it cause they were too busy lolling at Arsenal.

Guest HTT II

Fuckimg delighted for Brentford and anyone having a go at fans for fucking celebrating wildly FFS, have a word. Oh and Arsenal are so bad, Arteta is my fave for the first sacking of the season, he’s terrible and this is the worst Arsenal team arguably in multiple decades. They are nearly as rotten as us [emoji38]

Guest neesy111
8 hours ago, toon25 said:

Ben White. 50. Million. Pounds [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

This forum loves writing off players after 1 bad game.

37 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Fuckimg delighted for Brentford and anyone having a go at fans for fucking celebrating wildly FFS, have a word. Oh and Arsenal are so bad, Arteta is my fave for the first sacking of the season, he’s terrible and this is the worst Arsenal team arguably in multiple decades. They are nearly as rotten as us [emoji38]

I've had a word and, well, I still feel the same. Not just the fans, or even primarily the fans, but the team and manager doing a lap of honour man after beating a mid table side.