Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Not sure that’s a straight red for me, eyes on the ball and trying to get across the man to shield. One of them you’d be calling for it if we were on the end of it, and seething if it’s one of ours being sent off.

I understand why a manager would love Ayoze, hard worker, technically sound, and takes up great positions, but it just seems crazy to me that Leicester cannot find a spot for Iheanacho and Daka over him in the preferred 11. There is just a significant talent gap, for all of Perez's positive traits.

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

Not sure that’s a straight red for me, eyes on the ball and trying to get across the man to shield. One of them you’d be calling for it if we were on the end of it, and seething if it’s one of ours being sent off.

I mean, why isn't the situation ever taken into account anymore? It's only the consequence. He's clearly off balance from a push in the back and kind of misses the ball? It's not deliberate and even less so given the little nudge/push in the back. 

Just now, Flip said:

I mean, why isn't the situation ever taken into account anymore? It's only the consequence. He's clearly off balance from a push in the back and kind of misses the ball? It's not deliberate and even less so given the little nudge/push in the back. 

But still lifts his foot,  needlessly 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Flip said:

Because of VAR, things need to be black or white, no such thing as grey area in decisions now.  It's stupid,

Just now, GWN said:

But still lifts his foot,  needlessly 

I might be looking at it wrongly, but it looked like he was trying to get a touch on the ball with his left leg and kind of missed it and stamped on Fornals? 

Just now, Flip said:

I might be looking at it wrongly, but it looked like he was trying to get a touch on the ball with his left leg and kind of missed it and stamped on Fornals? 

Answer is "stamped,"  

He’s not going for the ball, trying to put himself between the man & the ball. He’s off balance though & clatters into the player. Don’t think there’s any great force in it either. Could understand sticking with the decision if the ref had given it on the field, but not enough to go back and give it for me. Ref was looking straight at it too.

I’m not complaining about a red, you get them for less than that in today’s game. That said, he was knocked off balance and was trying to shield the ball, it’s something that could happen to anyone. Unlucky more than anything IMO.

It was a reckless, leg breaker, very poor decision to do what he did. He should have gone down under the push and hoped for a foul. If someone did that to me when I played I’d have gone ballistic. I’m not sure how Oliver missed it.