Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

29 minutes ago, NUFC said:

As a ref, red card all day long, intent or whether its an accident is irrelevant in laws of the game.

Could have easily broken his leg

Imagine if you don't give that as a red, the amount of reds dished out would be much less.

5 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Still find it mad Antonio’s solidified himself as a PL lone striker, wasn’t he a left back a few years back?

Used to play all over.

Can’t be many more likeable players in the PL at the moment; always looks like he’s having a blast and seems a good guy off-field too. Shame he’s so injury prone.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Used to play all over.

Can’t be many more likeable players in the PL at the moment; always looks like he’s having a blast and seems a good guy off-field too. Shame he’s so injury prone.

Was it Moyes who moved him upfront? Inspired move. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Brilliant start for them, didn't think they'd sustain their form from last season but who knows, looking pretty promising. 

Aye. Didn’t think they’d be anywhere near as good as last year, but they currently look the part.

On 22/08/2021 at 21:42, TaylorJ_01 said:

Marseille/Nice seems to be full of nutters. Nice is a cool place at least but Marseille is so rough.

Marseille is class. Just don’t go when England knackers are in town.  

Saying that, as a derby, you’d be hard pressed to get two different cities. Weirdly, as Ligue Un is placid as you like, it would only be OL v St Etienne I can think would match up.

11 hours ago, Anderson said:

He’s not going for the ball, trying to put himself between the man & the ball. He’s off balance though & clatters into the player. Don’t think there’s any great force in it either. Could understand sticking with the decision if the ref had given it on the field, but not enough to go back and give it for me. Ref was looking straight at it too.

This is my exact thought, they made a big deal about him having a look and he did but his motion was to try and plant his foot between himself and the player to get in front.  Fornals just went for the ball and it looked like a stamp as a result.  Perez wasn't actually trying to touch the ball.  Can see why it was given but I'd have made it a last chance yellow on review personally.

14 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

This is my exact thought, they made a big deal about him having a look and he did but his motion was to try and plant his foot between himself and the player to get in front.  Fornals just went for the ball and it looked like a stamp as a result.  Perez wasn't actually trying to touch the ball.  Can see why it was given but I'd have made it a last chance yellow on review personally.

I think you’ve just described why it was a clear red. He’s lucky he didn’t break his leg. Perez made a poor decision and can have no complaints, he should have gone down under the push which looked a clear foul.

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think you’ve just described why it was a clear red. He’s lucky he didn’t break his leg. Perez made a poor decision and can have no complaints, he should have gone down under the push which looked a clear foul.

You say potato...

Fair enough, you say potato as well. Planting his foot, not trying to touch the ball, had a look (to see where Fornals was) all led to endangering the other player. I’d have given a red in any decade tbh, you can’t have 1 player going for the ball and the other planting his foot like that when he’s already out of control.

Anyway, it’s been done to death. We dust wor sels down and go again 👍.

Jesus. Chris Kamara sounds absolutely dreadful , he's doing the Sheff U game tonight and sounds like he's struggling to say anything.

I know he had some kind of scan after a few people raised the issue last season but it's clearly not good 

12 hours ago, midds said:

Jesus. Chris Kamara sounds absolutely dreadful , he's doing the Sheff U game tonight and sounds like he's struggling to say anything.

I know he had some kind of scan after a few people raised the issue last season but it's clearly not good 

It's so sad to see. Something to do with his thyroid, there's a bit about it here:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/chris-kamara-opens-up-health-20857837.amp?__twitter_impression=true

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’ve started the season well.

Depends if you go by only checking their results or have watched their matches.

Bournemouth supporting mate thinks they were very lucky to have the points on the board that they do based on performances so far and last night’s result was always likely.

7 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Best manager in the world according to Kaka.

Fulham have immediately improved without him and Bournemouth look bang average.

You seem really obsessive about Scott Parker.

As I said before, I think he's a very promising young manager, and I'm confident he'll prove to be so.

Fulham have improved because they are in the Championship now, and not in the Premier League. Scott Parker was the one that took them up in the first place, remember?

My goodness ...