Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

10 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

We sat deep with structure and you struggled to open us up as you do with other teams that play that way (Palace last year rings a bell).  You needed a deflection to go ahead, after which we created by far the better opportunities and could have arguably been in front, then you were gifted another from our keeper before we collapsed.  If you think you played great in that first hour I think you've got problems personally.  In the end you deserved to win convincingly yes.

I'm not delving into the possession stats in detail but you've played 3/4 shite teams in fairness and really it's what you do with it when you get it, which is why I said controlled possession.  I see a difference in how the other top teams play when they get the ball to the way you do; reminds me a bit of seeing what Benitez was trying to achieve with us vs. what had come before him.  They play with a structure, plan and intensity that you don't when you've got the ball.

Anyway I'm sure we've done this dance before and I'm sure I'm wrong and you'll be just fine :thup:

OGS plays a high-pressing counter attacking system, which he has done his entire managerial career with some minor alterations here and there. He has a clear chosen style of play and what criticism can be leveled against him is that he far too often doesn't have a great plan B when his preferred system doesn't work. Then again you can say the same for Pep who can't do a plan B for shit and never has done. His style will be very different to the expansive style of Pep or the gegenpress of Klopp or the defensive approach of Tuchel. Those three again, when compared against each other, would also have very different styles. It doesn't mean they don't have a tactical approach - it just means it differs from the people you compare them to.

Not going to go into a defensive shouting match here but it's nonsense to say OGS doesn't have a preferred style of play that he tries to implement on his players. I've had the misfortune of watching him manage Molde for far too long.

Edited by Kaizero

Class goal by Osimhen, we have a real player if he can just calm down a bit and stop snatching at this chances, boy has everything you would want physically in a striker.

Leicester have so many exciting players going forward, the biggest problem they might have is just keeping all of them happy. It has to be tough for the likes of Iheanacho, Daka, and Soumare to be substitutes most matches, even though there are good players in front of them.

Just a hunch, but I think Leicester will have a poor season by their recent standards in the league, defensively they look all over the place and should have invested in a top CB IMO. 

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Just a hunch, but I think Leicester will have a poor season by their recent standards in the league, defensively they look all over the place and should have invested in a top CB IMO. 

Their best central defender had his leg snapped in preseason, tbf. But agreed if Soyuncu doesn't regain form they'll struggle to get top six despite all the attacking talent.