Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

7 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How can it possibly be denying a goal scoring opportunity if he makes a good tackle? Which is what it was.

Otherwise every tackle where the player wins the ball and then wipes out the man would be a free kick. 

This is the logical conclusion isn't it- if you touch the player at any point during a tackle it's a foul. I don't understand why so many people are so keen to turn football into a non-contact sport.

Also, if the rule is "every contact is a foul" then why wouldn't it be a foul against Vardy? He's not in control of the ball at any point and has arrived at the point of contact after it has been cleared away. Does he not also have a responsibility to avoid contact with the defender? I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just lost with the whole thing.

15 hours ago, et tu brute said:

If I was one of the so called big 6, I would be looking to buy him or Grealish as both are highly instrumental in how their team performs. Both at a perfect age also. If we do get this takeover happening by some chance, they would be the first players I would love the club to look at.

I don't think any of them will take a "chance" on Grealish.... 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

All about opinions.He wouldn’t improve City though that’s for sure.

Based solely on footballing ability i think he's probably good enough for most of them now, but clubs look at more than that. He's a "wrong sort of headlines" player, and i'm not sure he's a good enough player to justify a high profile club taking a risk. 

Guest HTT II

He would have to work a lot harder on his discipline off the ball and work much harder on realising the ball quicker in shorter snaps as he likes to run with the ball at say a Coty, but to say he’s not good enough/wouldn’t improve someone like them is quite frankly ludicrous!

With Grealish - I think he is good enough for City tbh. I don't think his ball carrying is an issue (i.e. the assertion that he doesn't release quickly enough). There are different players in that city squad. Mahrez, KDB and Foden often carry the ball in a similar way to Grealish. I think the issue is more that he wouldn't get into the starting XI. I could see him at Man Utd.

Pep would be good for Grealish and he'd probably get in the team ahead of Mahrez. It's a bit of a moot debate like as they've definitely got other priorities. 

Guest HTT II
53 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t think Grealish is at Mahrez’s level.

Not yet, but different players IMO. Love Mahrez btw, classy footballer!