Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I live in Leicester. Been fun listening to the reactions of the people over the way who have flags outside reacting to everything a minute later. Not sure why you'd choose to stream something that's on free-to-air :lol:

Leicester pop-up ultras.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Just burst out laughing at the thought of Ashley coming down and lifting the trophy :lol:

His jeans flapping in the late evening breeze.

5 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I live in Leicester. Been fun listening to the reactions of the people over the way who have flags outside reacting to everything a minute later. Not sure why you'd choose to stream something that's on free-to-air :lol:

Probably watching on Iplayer.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Unfair advantage should be very easy to define. My argument re offsides and VAR is that VAR is supposed to be for correcting clear and obvious errors... how is a millimetre here or there 'clear and obvious'?

But even if we're just reverting to the "it's black or white" argument, there's no way the current tech determines that call beyond all doubt. 

It really isn't, would we start to compare players' pace stats from FIFA and try to determine how far ahead the attacker can be? Maybe add acceleration too to some formula? :lol:

I would prefer some small safety margin too with the current technology but it isn't in the rules. Problem with not going with the black and white method is that then we would be complaining about which is or isn't clear and obvious. Is 5 inches good but if it's 6 inches make it an offside? We would just change the subject but the same arguments stay.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, tgarve said:

We were 2 games away no? 

Yes, after not playing a single PL team until the 1/4 finals and struggling to beat a league 1 team over a replay.

Edited by neesy111

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

His jeans flapping in the late evening breeze.

... and hopefully he falls after tangling his leg in part of his trousers and tumbles down many flights of stairs. Landing in a cauldron of scalding soup, as the caterers were passing the foot of the stairs at the exact moment.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

It really isn't, would we start to compare players' pace stats from FIFA and try to determine how far ahead the attacker can be? Maybe add acceleration too to some formula? :lol:

I would prefer some small safety margin too with the current technology but it isn't in the rules. Problem with not going with the black and white method is that then we would be complaining about which is or isn't clear and obvious. Is 5 inches good but if it's 6 inches make it an offside? We would just change the subject but the same arguments stay.

I just think it's completely unsuited to offside*, period. What was the original purpose of the rule? Answer: to prevent attackers from gaining an unfair advantage. What exactly is the purpose of the rule as it is implemented now? 

*football

I loathe the marginal offside calls but I didn't think that was. Chilwell was offside with the naked eye, it was easy to see because of the edge of the area. I did really want Leicester to win though so I was slightly biased. I really can't stand this Chelsea side, they're so robotic under Tuchel. Hope Man City wipe the floor with them.