Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

The job Guardiola did at Barca was understated. He had the talent at his disposal, but he pulled Busquets from the reserves and played Xavi and Iniesta together. He also brought in key players such as Pique and Alves. He brought together the best club side I've ever seen.

He was disappointing at Bayern, but he's turned City into one of the best club sides the Premier League has seen. There aren't many managers who could do the same, even with an unlimited budget.

28 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Not a chance, give him a team without insane cash or one of the best players in the world then let's see , give him the title winning side of Leicester or the Liverpool team of this season he wouldn't of done better

But there’s no evidence to say he’d be a total flop too? 

Spending money doesn’t equal success. You still need to be talented to achieve success, even with an open chequebook:

OGS spent £200m at Man Utd a couple of seasons ago to finish 4th. 

The mackems outspent all of their 23 opponents combined to lose in the playoffs.

Aston Villa spent a record sum in the Championship to finish in the bottom half.

There are three examples just off the top of my head, there are plenty more.

Abramovic spunking all that cash and winning absolutely fucking nothing would be superb.

Hoping that having two cunt teams in the final might at least be mitigated by a decent game of football, but I don’t hold much hope.

Guest HTT II

Howay Brentford, a future potential away trip to include visiting my sis who lives close by.

As a Dane it's great to see Brentford doing well with 7 Danes in the squad and a Danish manager on the touchline. This season has been very impressive considering they have one of the smallest budgets in the Championship and sold both Ollie Watkins and Said Benrahma in the summer.