Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Eh, i'm not even on about the fans.

Obviously, i don't expect the players to celebrate, just not act like spoilt kids.

Eh, I wasn’t quoting you. 

FWIW, I was impressed by Foden and Zinchenko in the ceremony, that’s the attitude you want to see and they are not disrespecting anything.

Edited by Pata

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

You had a good run, Thethar Athpilicueta, but Emiliano Marcondeth is my new favourite name to say in an exaggerated Spanish accent.

Even better that he's Danish

Delighted Brentford are up

35 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I really want to be back having these big European nights for our side. It’s sad to think that we were right up there with Chelsea before they started spending billions

I must have missed the last European cup final...

40 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I really want to be back having these big European nights for our side. It’s sad to think that we were right up there with Chelsea before they started spending billions

We'll have an amazing Benfica x Newcastle United at the 2023 UEFA Conference League final, or whatever is the lowest tier European competition by then.

See you guys in Uzbekistan or some place like that!

Edited by jotenko

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

I don't get this, should Nottingham Forrest etc demand their big nights back as well...  

Guest neesy111

Better than the last few finals, but pretty meh game.

Chelsea deserved winners, bogey side for city now.  Really impressed at how they compressed city today.

Pep clearly a league manager and not a CL knockout manager, but they will win CL soon.

Quite incredible how Pep fucking Pepped himself again :lol:

He's totally inside his own head now with the CL, can't make the right calls when it counts, even worse actively makes the wrong calls time after time.

Take nothing away from Chelsea they were superb but that's all on Pep that imo.

Cringe. Tuchel has his number and is a pragmatist. Pep is an unshakable idealist which is his ultimate flaw and it shows with the lack of backup plans. That's all their really is to it for me.

Last night had nothing to do with a backup plan, imo, it went back to him changing the system they'd been so successful with the entire season for no apparent reason.  I said it to my mates as soon as I saw the lineup; no Rodri they might be fucked here.  From about 10 minutes in it was clear Chelsea were gonna use Werner to stretch them out and both him and Havertz to occupy the space where Rodri would have been.

Sterling been sidelined for ages, aye lets bring him back in for no reason whatsoever and disrupt what's been a fluid and prolific attack :lol:

Cancelo one of the most creative fullbacks in the league on either side, probably best leave him on the bench for no good fucking reason.  Pep will obviously have forgotten more than I'll ever know but he's got previous for this.

23 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Last night had nothing to do with a backup plan, imo, it went back to him changing the system they'd been so successful with the entire season for no apparent reason.  I said it to my mates as soon as I saw the lineup; no Rodri they might be fucked here.  From about 10 minutes in it was clear Chelsea were gonna use Werner to stretch them out and both him and Havertz to occupy the space where Rodri would have been.

Sterling been sidelined for ages, aye lets bring him back in for no reason whatsoever and disrupt what's been a fluid and prolific attack :lol:

Cancelo one of the most creative fullbacks in the league on either side, probably best leave him on the bench for no good fucking reason.  Pep will obviously have forgotten more than I'll ever know but he's got previous for this.

Don't disagree, meant more generally. Tuchel has beaten him twice (I think) already this season. For most managers you'd really have to consider a radical tactical change to combat their low block/counter attack. Perhaps by giving them ground and doing something similar. But he really just sent them out to do more of the same as he almost never abandons his principles, you feel like he'd rather lose than do that.

I do think De Bruyne is a massive miss in the last 30 mins or so, where they completely dominated the ball. Also, Chelsea put in pretty much a perfect defensive performance, to be fair to Pep.

Edited by ElDiablo