Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, madras said:

I've had a word and, well, I still feel the same. Not just the fans, or even primarily the fans, but the team and manager doing a lap of honour man after beating a mid table side.

It’s an historic occasion for them, let them have their moment man, misery guts :lol:

Guest HTT II

Arsenal might be a mid-table side, but howay, they are arguably the 3rd biggest club/biggest name in the entire English football league system, historically anyway.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Arsenal might be a mid-table side, but howay, they are arguably the 3rd biggest club/biggest name in the entire English football league system, historically anyway.

And that warrants a lap of honour ? The players probably egged it on as some in the crowd wait to clap them off at all grounds. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, madras said:

And that warrants a lap of honour ? The players probably egged it on as some in the crowd wait to clap them off at all grounds. 

Where is the harm in it though? It’s their PL debut (top flight debut?). They’ve just beaten again arguably the 3rd biggest club/name in English football and after the last year and a half everyone has had with Covid, let’s not forget the players and managers and clubs in that too who have played without fans, me personally, I fucking love it. If people regard it as small time, I’d say THEY are small time, petty in the extreme and just as sad having such a reaction to basically people enjoying themselves. Viva la Vida Brentford/fans returning to grounds.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Think it was more about welcoming the fans back in what is a new stadium too. Think people are over reacting to the whole thing.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I’ve not seen any of this, but presumably the lap of honour was more because it was their first game and first win in the Premier League? I suspect they’d have done it if it was anyone, but a big London club is just a bonus.

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Turned the post-match off after the Frank interview, did they talk about how Jansson was holding the keeper for the 2nd goal at all? :lol:  I mean he should have done better and the angle wasn't great but it looked a clear foul to me but no one wanted to talk about it cause they were too busy lolling at Arsenal.

Was surprised that wasn’t spotted by the ref or VAR at the time.

blatantly holding the keeper. No one even commented on it during the game if I recall 

1 minute ago, George Bailey said:

Was surprised that wasn’t spotted by the ref or VAR at the time.

blatantly holding the keeper. No one even commented on it during the game if I recall 

Right? :lol:  Absolutely nuts.  We're gonna end up going too far the other way now after last season, ppl will be committing murder on the pitch and it'll just be play on.