Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

18 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Me and the manyoo lad at work just had this exact discussion.  He reckons they'll likely go on a run now and then fuck up a couple of games later down the line, closely followed by a flukey win that staves off the pressure.  Rinse and repeat.  He's not anti-Nostaljaer either he can just see things for what they are.

There's no staving off pressure or lucky wins or going on any runs. He's had the time to build the side and now has to seriously challenge for the title or Champions League or he'll be shown the door. The lad at work doesn't really see things for what they are at all.

Tuchel meanwhile currently being touted as an absolute hero right now, despite getting completely dominated at home by Man City and losing to a shocking Juventus side. We win against Villarreal and it's still all about Ole. :lol: The agenda is a bit mental.

14 hours ago, joeyt said:

Did OGS mention that VAR should have ruled out the Ronaldo winner last night

Lingard wasn't even remotely close to obscuring the keepers vision. A mental take if someone thinks that was offside. I don't think Hause's was off either like.

Also, it's a pen on Lingard if we don't score.

Edited by Froggy

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's no staving off pressure or lucky wins or going on any runs. He's had the time to build the side and now has to seriously challenge for the title or Champions League or he'll be shown the door. The lad at work doesn't really see things for what they are at all.

Tuchel meanwhile currently being touted as an absolute hero right now, despite getting completely dominated at home by Man City and losing to a shocking Juventus side. We win against Villarreal and it's still all about Ole. :lol: The agenda is a bit mental.

Lingard wasn't even remotely close to obscuring the keepers vision. A mental take if someone thinks that was offside. I don't think Hause's was off either like.

So far away from reality :lol: 

Tuchel has just won the fucking CL. Ole’s only accomplishment in England is being relegated with Cardiff.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Tuchel has had a stellar record since he was appointed, and won the Champions League last year, these two games are a blip, more then the rule. Can't really compare them to Ole like :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So far away from reality :lol: 

Tuchel has just won the fucking CL. Ole’s only accomplishment in England is being relegated with Cardiff.

Don't forget he finished second with one of the most expensive squads in the history of the PL. 

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The lad at work doesn't really see things for what they are at all.

Well we see the same things when we watch manyoo - players largely put on the pitch with little discernable style or function, this is shown up particularly when you face teams like Villareal that have a clear structure and patterns of play.  You could see what they were doing the other day while your players just seemed disorganised and aimless for the most part.  You would have been gone by HT if they could finish.

You've enough great players to win a lot of games playing that way but that really shouldn't be enough for you?  To borrow an NFL-ism OGS appears to have a fairly high floor with what's at his disposal there but his ceiling is barely above it.

Agenda?  Maybe.  Or maybe I've watched enough fucking dogshit charlatan managers in my time to know one when I see one, I don't think you can say the same.

29 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Well we see the same things when we watch manyoo - players largely put on the pitch with little discernable style or function, this is shown up particularly when you face teams like Villareal that have a clear structure and patterns of play.  You could see what they were doing the other day while your players just seemed disorganised and aimless for the most part.  You would have been gone by HT if they could finish.

You've enough great players to win a lot of games playing that way but that really shouldn't be enough for you?  To borrow an NFL-ism OGS appears to have a fairly high floor with what's at his disposal there but his ceiling is barely above it.

Agenda?  Maybe.  Or maybe I've watched enough fucking dogshit charlatan managers in my time to know one when I see one, I don't think you can say the same.

Three defeats in their last five games against Young Boys, Aston Villa and West Ham.

The other two games have been wins by the skin of their teeth against the powerhouses of Villarreal and West Ham.

Out of one cup competition already and just about surviving in the group stages of the CL.

There’s no problem though.

Guest neesy111
32 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Yeah it's a bit of a myth that one. Always has been a red only if it's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, which it often is (but wasn't tonight).

See mfc 1 - 4 nufc (2001) for reference of this