NBA 2020-21 (Bucks Win Finals)

I know it's not the PC thing to say nowadays but a female coach will never work in the mens game, I don't care what anyone says. Can't wait for it to happen though, will be very amusing.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

I know it's not the PC thing to say nowadays but a female coach will never work in the mens game, I don't care what anyone says. Can't wait for it to happen though, will be very amusing.

This is comment based on respect right? Well the person in question has been an Assistant for us for like 3 years and the players love and credit her for improvements in their game.

Zion specifically constantly gushes over her. So what you're saying here doesn't really apply.

Not saying she'll get the job, but there's a reason not one Pelicans fan has reacted negatively to her being a candidate.

I understand what you're saying, but i don't feel it applies here because she's been working with the players for extended periods and they all very much respect her.

Edited by Mole

Griff basically denied the reports btw, so it doesn't really matter.

But i stand by what i said before, if she was given the job i wouldn't hate it.

It's the classic case of everyone loving the assistant manager/coach until they get the main job and have to make the tough decisions regarding each player. Things change very quickly then.

Aside from that I just can't even fathom a female head coach managing these NBA players man. Big pressure, big stakes and very very big egos. Men's sporting environments are very testy, and "offensive" things are typically said between players and coaches that are very harsh in order to motivate or test boundaries constantly.

I think it would be a disaster. Everyone would either be walking on egg shells so as not to upset the female coach which would be such a forced situation that would ultimately lead to frustration and players just checking out, or things would be said that would end up offending her and becoming a big drama or controversy. It would be a huge mess.

I would love to see it though just out of pure fascination. Hey, I might be wrong but I seriously seriously doubt it. 

Two absolutely stunning results yesterday. Wow!!!

Or maybe two stunning choke jobs would be more accurate. Terrible from the Sixers and Jazz at home.

Trae Young is something else. If he gets this Atlanta team past philly that would be very impressive.

I'm all the way out on Ben Simmons, i don't care how good he is defensively the dude makes Draymond look like MJ on the offensive side.

I genuinely would trade him.

Also I'm happy for Paul George, people really hate him tho. They were damn quiet on twitter last night lol.

You know people are haters when they're loud as fuck when someone sucks and when they're actually good they're quiet as a mouse.

Can you imagine if Philly had managed to get Harden for Simmons. They would be sitting pretty right now.

Cannot believe the man just refuses to shoot as a basketball player, isn't even interested in working on it at all. Absolutely unacceptable stuff.

Can't lie I was also happy for PG13. Think the guy gets so much grief when he's just a pretty chilled guy really. Massive performance for him last night that could really set him on his way now. If Kawhi comes back and they make it through to the next round could see them winning it all.

Yeah I really don't get Simmons not shooting. It is 100% a mental issue, he should see a sports psychologist. It's nuts that a professional basketball player wouldn't even try a jump shot.

Mavs are falling apart. Big rifts in the organisation apparently. Donnie Nelson and Carlisle are out. Luka upset about Nelson leaving. Oh boy.

Zion's family want him out of the Pelicans too ... urgh. Why are they all in that kid's business man. Zion is doing really well just stay out of the kid's life and let him play out his rookie deal and if it still sucks he can leave then. My God ... only played two years and they're already bitching.

Disgraceful from the Jazz. Feel sick for Donovan Mitchell man. Mike Conley is an absolute mess and they have to get him out of there, always injured and cannot be counted on when he plays. Massive opportunity for the Jazz to come out of the West and they lose twice to the Clippers with no Kawhi ... crazy.

Edited by KaKa

They had a 22 point halftime lead too ... it's absolutely mental.

They kept leaving Gobert on Mann and daring him to shoot without even closing him down properly.

In all honesty the coach should be in hot water for that loss. He must be really thick. Had to abandon that strategy once they pulled within 10. Just kept letting the guy go off on them with no defence on him.

Edited by KaKa

Feel really conflicted.

Happy for Giannis getting over the hump but the Bucks were so dumb in this series :lol:, i haven't seen so much idiocy in a playoff series in a long time. I also wanted to see Durant's fantastic play get rewarded so very mixed emotions coming out of that.

100% with you on this. Feel bad for KD man, the guy is phenomenal. Almost took them out by himself with no one on his team giving him any help whatsoever.

At the same time I'm also happy for Giannis purely because I just really like the guy that he is and he played really well tonight too. It's going to be his best chance ever to get a chip this year, and after all that i hope he doesn't blow it.

• Mike changed the title to NBA 2020-21 (Bucks Win Finals)