Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/11/20 - Post match from page 17

BlueStar

Guest neesy111

The thing I don't really understand is that the betting sites seem able to stream with a minimal delay but nobody else does. 

It's much lower quality than full HD/4k though?  Soon as ramp up the bitrate of streams that's when delays need to come in.

The thing I don't really understand is that the betting sites seem able to stream with a minimal delay but nobody else does. 

It's much lower quality than full HD/4k though?  Soon as ramp up the bitrate of streams that's when delays need to come in.

Ah ok that makes sense. They tend to be capped at a certain size too (you can't make them full screen on desktop) which would hide the lower quality.

Guest neesy111

I will say anything above 30 seconds nowadays shouldn't happen though especially with Amazon hosting 4/10 parts of internet infrastructure.

Just put your devices away and pay attention to what you’re watching. #mindfulness

Not for our games though obviously, that would be horrible.

Normally all well and good when you can watch the match with others, but at the moment my dad’s on his own and likes discussing the match with someone.

There's no other way with streaming than having a small delay because off carrying it over the internet.

Could they not have a TV Channel dedicated? Like PPV channels are only used occasionally, they could have a TV channel on Sky, Virgin, BT, etc they can use for live events?

Guest neesy111

There's no other way with streaming than having a small delay because off carrying it over the internet.

Could they not have a TV Channel dedicated? Like PPV channels are only used occasionally, they could have a TV channel on Sky, Virgin, BT, etc they can use for live events?

They could but it's a lot of work for just individual matches as Virgin, Sky etc needs to know who is a Prime Subscriber to authenticate them.  Also, it goes against Prime Video's business model which is streaming.

If I’m watching through Sky Go or the Virgin Media app because I’m away from the TV, I don’t mind because I know it’s a minute or so behind the TV feed. If I’m watching Amazon Prime on TV, I think it should be as close to like as Sky or BT Sports.

Sky Go is a funny one. Back when pubs were open, at least 4 of us were watching a game on our phones (sky go) and we all had different delays.

Guest neesy111

If I’m watching through Sky Go or the Virgin Media app because I’m away from the TV, I don’t mind because I know it’s a minute or so behind the TV feed. If I’m watching Amazon Prime on TV, I think it should be as close to like as Sky or BT Sports.

Sky Go is a funny one. Back when pubs were open, at least 4 of us were watching a game on our phones (sky go) and we all had different delays.

That makes sense.

Different devices with different power and memory, different ISPs so different infrastructure for the streams to go through.  Streaming and broadcasting are two completely different media consuming ways.

Prime was shit for me on Friday. Had to download the app to chromecast the game to my TV, even though I have a PS4 app.

Same.

Had it on the Smart TV app, but the sound was massively out of sync, then the commentary disappeared completely (not specific to that app) then it died altogether. The game was about 25 mins in by the time I had it working properly.

Saw a lot of people on Twitter reporting similar issues.

Prime was shit for me on Friday. Had to download the app to chromecast the game to my TV, even though I have a PS4 app.

Same.

Had it on the Smart TV app, but the sound was massively out of sync, then the commentary disappeared completely (not specific to that app) then it died altogether. The game was about 25 mins in by the time I had it working properly.

Saw a lot of people on Twitter reporting similar issues.

It's poor service. Was getting rattled, and thinking "fuck this, I'm complaining, I want my money back", but then I tried the phone, and the casting worked, and I kinda forgot about it.

Amazon need to improve though, it wasn't good enough. Loads of football in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how that goes down.