COVID-19

Does it mean anything that you feel like shit? Want a Troll answer to this. :lol:

I'm guessing it's just the vaccine working and all the talk of "it means you had covid" is built on the same grounds as anti vax stuff, that is nonsense.

Nah, it's not nonsense. It's not a fact that you must have already had it, but if you previously had covid then your immune system is ready for the fight so throws some bigger punches earlier on because it knows the craic already.

Does it mean anything that you feel like shit? Want a Troll answer to this. :lol:

I'm guessing it's just the vaccine working and all the talk of "it means you had covid" is built on the same grounds as anti vax stuff, that is nonsense.

Nah, it's not nonsense. It's not a fact that you must have already had it, but if you previously had covid then your immune system is ready for the fight so throws some bigger punches earlier on because it knows the craic already.

:lol: Like the way you've put that. Can see the Glasgow influence creeping in.

Has anyone died from the vaccine?

Most people I know who have had it, say that they have had difficulty lifting their arm or that it "burned" where they stuck the needle. The rest say that the flu vaccine was worse.

Did everyone having side effects have the Astrazeneca?  I had the Pfizer and had literally none, not even any arm pain.

Wife and I had the Astrazeneca vaccine early yesterday morning. No symptoms, just a slight pain in the arm. My wife has taken Paracetamol throughout the day but only because hers aches a little more. Neither of have had Covid, thankfully.

43% of adults vaccinated, surely not?

21-22m first doses, isn’t it?

Aye, 43% of people aged 18+ have had a 1st jab

Wow, surely made a pretty significant impact already then?

Takes 3 weeks for the vaccine to take hold and a month ago we'd only done half that amount. It's already happening but we'll really start to see deaths and hospitalisations completely fall off a cliff soon.

Is it wrong to have a few beers? :lol:

I can't get away from the horror.

Pretty sure I read that you shouldnt with one of the vaccines

Too late, downed a big Stella. :lol:

Got guidelines when I got the jag, don't want alcohol consumed, put it on the fucking paper then man.

Yeah, this is basically it.  First dose your immune system is introduced to covid and taught to recognise it, second dose it does recognise it so launches a strong immune response.  If you've already had covid, your immune system recognises it on the first dose so you get the side effects early.  It's not as cut and dry as that, and people who have had covid could get no side effects, and people who haven't had it could get awful ones, and it does seem like the AZ vaccine has more common side effects than the Pfizer.

The side effects aren't from the vaccine itself, it's from your own immune system and shows its working.  You'll feel rough, but there's nothing in there that can make you seriously ill or give you actual covid symptoms, and it'll pass when your immune system has cleared all the vaccine particles from your body.

Most people I know who have had it, say that they have had difficulty lifting their arm or that it "burned" where they stuck the needle. The rest say that the flu vaccine was worse.

Israel published a study just the other day with listed side effects. Doesn't say whether anyone has died from it or not though.

https://www.dn.se/varlden/israel-fa-drabbas-av-allvarliga-biverkningar-efter-pfizers-vaccin/

Bluf I feel your pain. I felt just as bad after mine :lol:

Absolutely dreading the second dose. Already booked the day after off work. I might just have it done and then lock myself in a room with a hungry lion or something. Bleeding from gaping wounds might take my mind off it.

It’s like getting any other vaccine.

Can categorically (and anecdotally) disagree with this, but I had the Moderna one, in the US. I don’t remember a significant reaction to any other vaccine, but both of these wiped me out for a day, with fever and arthralgia. I took the day off after both shots and am very glad I did.

Well I did warn you :lol:. It felt better than COVID itself though, and I’ve had people tell me they are more sympathetic about COVID symptoms now they’ve had the shot. Oh no, it was way worse :lol:.

Over 450 according to the Government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

"The MHRA has received 212 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 244 reports for the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine and 4 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified."

Over 450 according to the Government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

"The MHRA has received 212 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 244 reports for the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine and 4 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified."

That's not dying from the vaccine though, is it? That's dying shortly after receiving the vaccine.

• Yorkie changed the title to COVID-19 [ph]