Just tested positive for this now following on from the Mrs on Thursday.

Seems to be my chest is the main issue at the minute, just a bit sore and breathing slightly more than normal, though it’s probably just a bit of anxiety from knowing I have it, sure I’ll be alreet.

6 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Seems to be my chest is the main issue at the minute, just a bit sore and breathing slightly more than normal, though it’s probably just a bit of anxiety from knowing I have it, sure I’ll be alreet.

Take care fella.

10 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Get well soon

Got my first jab today in Durham City's Boots, of all places. Very simple process and the staff were surprisingly upbeat, considering I was probably the multiple 1000th person they'd dealt with.

Looks like things are going fully tits up in India. Cases rising at insane levels, hospitals already overflowing and starting to run low on oxygen in some places. Grim stuff.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Looks like things are going fully tits up in India. Cases rising at insane levels, hospitals already overflowing and starting to run low on oxygen in some places. Grim stuff.

I’m just amazed it didn’t happen first time round tbh.

Just now, leffe186 said:

I’m just amazed it didn’t happen first time round tbh.

Me too in the big cities albeit outside of those living is fairly rural/outdoor/well ventilated, in my limited experience, which probably helped. Unless it simply wasn't being tested for/reported which is always a possibility but I'm sure they'd have noticed hospitals filling even if they weren't. 

On 19/02/2021 at 13:24, leffe186 said:

I’m fascinated by the COVID situation in India. Do you know of any interesting long-form sources?

I posted this a couple of months back. I genuinely couldn't believe that India hadn't become a COVID basketcase, and was interested to find out why not.

Had my first jab yesterday (AZ). Thought everything was going great, not even a sore arm. Then I go to bed last night around 11pm, not slept a single wink. From freezing cold to boiling hot, feeling like I've been run over, feeling sick, dull headache, arm hurting like a bastard. Had some paracetamol and feel a lot better, but still no chance I'm able to sleep. 

Really pleased I've had it done though, feeling very positive (albeit very tired) today. Wife back in the office for a day, child off to school, house to myself all day. Result.

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Just seen the charts for numbers of infections and deaths.

Fucking hell :'(

Whats driving that?

Basically nobody's following any social distancing guidelines there. They barely wear masks ffs.

38 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Basically nobody's following any social distancing guidelines there. They barely wear masks ffs.

Not so long ago the concensus was that India were on a drastic downward slope of infections and deaths probably due to some form of herd immunity and lower transmission and severity possibly because of how often people are outside and maybe the sunhine helped them etc etc. Was being used as evidence we were obviously safe to start opening up quick now. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Not so long ago the concensus was that India were on a drastic downward slope of infections and deaths probably due to some form of herd immunity and lower transmission and severity possibly because of how often people are outside and maybe the sunhine helped them etc etc. Was being used as evidence we were obviously safe to start opening up quick now. 

Yeah I had a couple of gentle sceptics (not hardcore ones) at work cite India as a justification for opening up etc. That's one reason why I was so intrigued by what was happening there.

34 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Someone on here suggested that the amount of vaccines each person gets in India for other stuff was a possible reason.  Madness.

India's such a hard country to assess. At times seems like utter chaos, but I guess there is a system of sorts trying its best to operate. 

I've been to Mumbai train station and it's the busiest place I've ever experienced. Yet somehow the trains are running and people are getting by. 

On 20/04/2021 at 06:14, Shearergol said:

Had my first jab yesterday (AZ). Thought everything was going great, not even a sore arm. Then I go to bed last night around 11pm, not slept a single wink. From freezing cold to boiling hot, feeling like I've been run over, feeling sick, dull headache, arm hurting like a bastard. Had some paracetamol and feel a lot better, but still no chance I'm able to sleep. 

Really pleased I've had it done though, feeling very positive (albeit very tired) today. Wife back in the office for a day, child off to school, house to myself all day. Result.

Feel back to normal again today. Apparently it's best to avoid alcohol for 2 weeks after, so let's see how that goes.