Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Booked mine today, first one's on 20th June. Seemed to be loads of availability in city centre, booking it was a piece of piss, only took 10 mins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First dose of Cowgate special Pfizer administered today. Queue dealt with effectively by 2 superb volunteers. Minimal radgepackets.

 

9/10, would shoot shit into my arm in Cowgate again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When the schools are out for summer, that seems like the most logical time to lift things. What is actually meant to change on 21 June anyway? Just lifting of distancing in shops and pubs etc? From what I've seen things seem pretty good so far, you can go to the pub you can have a meal, just give it a few more weeks to jab more younger people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Adam said:

When the schools are out for summer, that seems like the most logical time to lift things. What is actually meant to change on 21 June anyway? Just lifting of distancing in shops and pubs etc? From what I've seen things seem pretty good so far, you can go to the pub you can have a meal, just give it a few more weeks to jab more younger people. 

Nightclubs opening again too. Already seeing a lot of events sold out in Newcastle at max capacity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did always find the way June 21st was framed as a bit odd. What was it again? ‘Relaxing of all social distancing measures’? I never thought it was going to just suddenly go back to normal overnight. However, I was hoping to get back to bigger events, pubs without just having to sit down all the time in smaller groups, back seeing customers, watching sport etc. I am supposed to be going to Chester races for a mate’s 40th on July 10th and can’t see that happening. York in mid-August I’m a bit

more hopeful on. 
 

It would be good if they could set out some kind of guidelines or what they deem as acceptable and what we can expect numbers wise. Naturally cases have gone up due to this Indian variant and with a load of restrictions being eased last month. But what is the end game in terms of relaxing things further? 
 

As Gaz said, what happens after two weeks? Cases will still going up, I’d guess. So we just keep it the same for another two weeks and just keep going on some rolling deal until when exactly? The cases hopefully start coming down, or is it going to be based more on hospital numbers and deaths now? All seems make it up as they go along, as it has for a lot of the whole pandemic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adam said:

When the schools are out for summer, that seems like the most logical time to lift things. What is actually meant to change on 21 June anyway? Just lifting of distancing in shops and pubs etc? From what I've seen things seem pretty good so far, you can go to the pub you can have a meal, just give it a few more weeks to jab more younger people. 

 

For most individuals June 21st would be nothing more than the nuisance of masks in hot weather disappearing.

 

For small business owners (Cafes, pubs and the like) it could be the difference in being able to pay staff and the bills

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I did always find the way June 21st was framed as a bit odd. What was it again? ‘Relaxing of all social distancing measures’? I never thought it was going to just suddenly go back to normal overnight. However, I was hoping to get back to bigger events, pubs without just having to sit down all the time in smaller groups, back seeing customers, watching sport etc. I am supposed to be going to Chester races for a mate’s 40th on July 10th and can’t see that happening. York in mid-August I’m a bit

more hopeful on. 
 

It would be good if they could set out some kind of guidelines or what they deem as acceptable and what we can expect numbers wise. Naturally cases have gone up due to this Indian variant and with a load of restrictions being eased last month. But what is the end game in terms of relaxing things further? 
 

As Gaz said, what happens after two weeks? Cases will still going up, I’d guess. So we just keep it the same for another two weeks and just keep going on some rolling deal until when exactly? The cases hopefully start coming down, or is it going to be based more on hospital numbers and deaths now? All seems make it up as they go along, as it has for a lot of the whole pandemic. 

 

The delay is, in theory, to get more vaccine doses administered. It was always made clear that it was "no earlier than" June 21st, it was never a hard date unless you were a Daily Express headline writer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is daft now. Waiting for vaccines administered to who? Over 50s and and those who are vulnerable have all had both doses by 21st. Everyone else will have had their first dose by then at least.

 

Mortality rate for under 30s in super low anyway. People are still entitled to shelter if they still don't feel safe like. 

 

What are we going to do if cases keep rising? Stay locked down longer? This has to end some time. We've vaccinated those that needed to be vaccinated, we've just about done every one else. 

 

I just cannot see the justification for intending economically damaging restrictions even further. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This is daft now. Waiting for vaccines administered to who? Over 50s and and those who are vulnerable have all had both doses by 21st. Everyone else will have had their first dose by then at least.

 

Mortality rate for under 30s in super low anyway. People are still entitled to shelter if they still don't feel safe like. 

 

What are we going to do if cases keep rising? Stay locked down longer? This has to end some time. We've vaccinated those that needed to be vaccinated, we've just about done every one else. 

 

I just cannot see the justification for intending economically damaging restrictions even further. 

 

 

 

 

We aren't at a level of herd immunity yet but also I said similar a while ago and Troll said there was still enough who weren't vaccinated to overwhelm the NHS.  I Defer to @Troll

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We aren't at a level of herd immunity yet but also I said similar a while ago and Troll said there was still enough who weren't vaccinated to overwhelm the NHS.  I Defer to @Troll

 

I'm very much doubtful that the NHS would be overhwhelmed with those who have only had their first dose should cases continue to rise. 

 

Surely the goal is to get to an acceptable/manageable level of risk. Current restrictions are still wreaking havoc with loads of businesses like. Is there enough risk to justify extending restrictions another four weeks over summer. I'm not sure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is also a risk from the vaccine not offering full immunity iirc, people are obviously far far less likely to get ill if they've had the vaccine but if the virus goes mental again then even a small % of a huge number of infections could be a problem. Getting more younger people vaccinated (who will likely be most at risk of spreading it) gets us closer to herd immunity too and stops the above from happening, as does getting more people their second jab as a single jab seems to be less effective against this variant. 

 

I think they are still looking at the data, I really don't think they will extend the lockdown unless they are completely sure it is necesary, hopefully it isn't. 

 

 

Edited by TheHoob

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ste said:

First dose of Cowgate special Pfizer administered today. Queue dealt with effectively by 2 superb volunteers. Minimal radgepackets.

 

9/10, would shoot shit into my arm in Cowgate again. 

Had many of them brought their own needles? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This is daft now. Waiting for vaccines administered to who? Over 50s and and those who are vulnerable have all had both doses by 21st. Everyone else will have had their first dose by then at least.

 

Mortality rate for under 30s in super low anyway. People are still entitled to shelter if they still don't feel safe like. 

 

What are we going to do if cases keep rising? Stay locked down longer? This has to end some time. We've vaccinated those that needed to be vaccinated, we've just about done every one else. 

 

I just cannot see the justification for intending economically damaging restrictions even further. 

 

 

 

 

Are they? Will the pressure to return to work, to pay the landlord, not have an impact on that entitlement? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just watched the anti vax documentary on Channel 4 player. 

 

Fuck me, I didn't realise how big the anti vax community was in the US and the money/funding involved, in essentially selling snake oil.

 

 

Edited by Klaus

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Just watched the anti vax documentary on Channel 4 player. 

 

Fuck me, I didn't realise how big the anti vax community was in the US and the money/funding involved, in essentially selling snake oil.

 

They are almost cult like :(

Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All by Paul Offit is a great book about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

 

For most individuals June 21st would be nothing more than the nuisance of masks in hot weather disappearing.

 

For small business owners (Cafes, pubs and the like) it could be the difference in being able to pay staff and the bills

 

But pubs and cafes are already open? I was in Morpeth today and everywhere was open, you could sit inside, order what you wanted only difference is the tables are spaced out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam said:

 

But pubs and cafes are already open? I was in Morpeth today and everywhere was open, you could sit inside, order what you wanted only difference is the tables are spaced out. 


And therefore capacity greatly reduced. Might not make that much difference to the smaller businesses but it’s still crippling the larger pubs and restaurants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On pubs and cafes / restaurants, noticed where I live (outer west end), driving around, there are pubs and restaurants that all had outdoor seating when they were first allowed to reopen, some places with a covered marquee in their car parks.

 

Driving past a few this morning on the way to work, and now the outdoor seating has (largely) gone with the allowance for people inside, which seems crazy considering the reduced numbers allowed inside.

 

Surely the better thing would be to retain some/all of the outside seating as an option (even at the expesne of parking), and to allow more covers with the inside and out?

 

But seem loads of places scrapped the outside seating once they were allowed peopel indoors again.

 

 

Edited by TK-421

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:


How are vaccinated people still being hospitalised?

 

You can still get Covid despite being vaccinated not 100% effective, just chance of getting it is massively reduced also not everyone will have their 2nd jabs.

 

 

Edited by neesy111

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:


How are vaccinated people still being hospitalised?

 

Or is the problem the people being admitted haven’t had a vaccine?

 

Majority of admissions are people who have seemingly refused it or have only had one jab. Next to none have been double jabbed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...