Hancock getting his grilling now.

The chairman stated at the start that Cummings had promised to provide evidence of his allegations but didnt and also didnt provide a reason why it wasnt provided.

20 hours ago, midds said:

Second jab done, first left me feeling rough for a day or 2 after but know what to expect this time. If it happens at all. 

Absolutely zero reaction whatsoever :thup:

Like it never happened. 

My missus had an alert on the Covid app tonight, and has to self-isolate for the next 5 days, due to being in 'close contact' with someone with covid.

She has no symptoms or anything, and took a lateral flow test just after the notification which was negative, but just see how the next few days go.

She's fully jabbed (NHS staff), and I've had my first, but son hasn't had one yet (he's 17), but obviously if she does get it, then we'll both have to isolate too.

Edited by TK-421

56 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

My missus had an alert on the Covid app tonight, and has to self-isolate for the next 5 days, due to being in 'close contact' with someone with covid.

She has no symptoms or anything, and took a lateral flow test just after the notification which was negative, but just see how the next few days go.

She's fully jabbed (NHS staff), and I've had my first, but son hasn't had one yet (he's 17), but obviously if she does get it, then we'll both have to isolate too.

I got that as well, as did my housemate and we have heard nothing else from anyone we know testing positive. It would have been Saturday for me, when I barely spent any of it indoors and mostly just saw my cricket team mates who are all playing this weekend, so must have just sat near someone on the bus or something. I’m taking it easy for now but if I keep testing negative (no symptoms, had the vaccine, negative today), it just seems a waste to cancel all my plans for the football on Sunday when clearly not a risk. Guess my situation is no big deal, but many other people now can’t afford to keep isolating just because an app detects an anonymous person nearby had asymptomatic covid. 

A bit alarming that here in Bahrain we've surpassed 80% of the people getting both doses and yet suddenly two weeks ago we've had our worst spike in the numbers by far of cases and fatalities since the pandemic started, semi lock down was implemented and cases have started to drop sharply, but even those with the vaccine seem to be getting it.

Edited by Newcastle Fan

48 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

A bit alarming that here in Bahrain we've surpassed 80% of the people getting both doses and yet suddenly two weeks ago we've had our worst spike in the number by far of cases and fatalities since the pandemic started, semi lock down was implemented and cases have started to drop sharply, but even those with the vaccine seem to be getting it.

Urgh.

8 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

I got that as well, as did my housemate and we have heard nothing else from anyone we know testing positive. It would have been Saturday for me, when I barely spent any of it indoors and mostly just saw my cricket team mates who are all playing this weekend, so must have just sat near someone on the bus or something. I’m taking it easy for now but if I keep testing negative (no symptoms, had the vaccine, negative today), it just seems a waste to cancel all my plans for the football on Sunday when clearly not a risk. Guess my situation is no big deal, but many other people now can’t afford to keep isolating just because an app detects an anonymous person nearby had asymptomatic covid. 

It's not legally mandatory to isolate if you get notification from the app, it's anonymous for starters as you didn't register a profile inside the covid app.  Also I don't think it's reliable.

Edited by neesy111

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

A bit alarming that here in Bahrain we've surpassed 80% of the people getting both doses and yet suddenly two weeks ago we've had our worst spike in the numbers by far of cases and fatalities since the pandemic started, semi lock down was implemented and cases have started to drop sharply, but even those with the vaccine seem to be getting it.

I was just reading it was around 50% of the population with both doses?  

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

It's not legally mandatory to isolate if you get notification from the app, it's anonymous for starters as you didn't register a profile inside the covid app.  Also I don't think it's reliable.

Yeah, she's been told to go to the RVI for a PCR test today, due to the apparent delay in the notification, and it only stating 5 days isolation.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Santiago in Chile back in lockdown despite Chile having 60% of population vaccinated with both doses as hospitals are full (not sure which vaccines they've used though).  Shows a potential issue with opening up too early.

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah, she's been told to go to the RVI for a PCR test today, due to the apparent delay in the notification, and it only stating 5 days isolation.

Hope she's fine and it's all sorted.

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Its much more than that now, the official government app allows you to keep track of all the data, as of now the vast majority have taken both doses with the rest having taken their first dose and waiting for the 2nd one, we've also started vaccination on 12-17 year olds recently, there are those who still don't want to take any but the thing is they didn't give us much freedom of choice in it as people who are not vaccinated can't enter restaurants, closed gyms, malls, and petty much most places.. :lol:  

What’s the plan post lockdown in that scenario? Open for a few weeks then lockdown again? If the vaccine doesn’t prevent lockdowns then where the fuck do we go from there? It’s going to be nearly impossible to convince the public to support lockdown again when we’ve been vaccinated. 

We haven’t seen a considerable rise in those with both doses being reinfected here have we? Certainly not seeing those groups end up in hospital again.

Edited by Decky

26 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Its much more than that now, the official government app allows you to keep track of all the data, as of now the vast majority have taken both doses with the rest having taken their first dose and waiting for the 2nd one, we've also started vaccination on 12-17 year olds recently, there are those who still don't want to take any but the thing is they didn't give us much freedom of choice in it as people who are not vaccinated can't enter restaurants, closed gyms, malls, and petty much most places.. :lol:  

Not wanting to doubt you, given you're probably better placed than me to know this, but why are media outlets reporting that 80% have had (at least) ONE dose, only 3 days ago?

Official Health Ministry figures show that 1,002,977 have received at least one shot of one of the six free vaccines available for citizens and residents, namely Sinopharm, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca’s Covishield, Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V and Sputnik Light.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Not wanting to doubt you, given you're probably better placed than me to know this, but why are media outlets reporting that 80% have had (at least) ONE dose, only 3 days ago?

You are correct, i mis-read the app :blush:, but its still one of the highest rates in the world which made the recent spike even more surprising considering the numbers were nowhere near that at any period of the pandemic, maybe the variants are much stronger than the original virus. most of those who died were not vaccinated.

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Official Health Ministry figures show that 1,002,977 have received at least one shot of one of the six free vaccines available for citizens and residents, namely Sinopharm, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca’s Covishield, Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V and Sputnik Light.

Imagine all those vaccines being available in your country and you rock up to the vaccination centre and get jabbed with something that sounds like a shite Russian lager.

Been a few cases here.  Heard about a takeaway delivery driver today, he was delivering to a community when a positive case was confirmed.  They locked it down and he couldn't get out, they had to throw a tent over the fence for him to sleep in :lol:

I’m sure a couple of weeks ago it was the prevailing opinion that delta wasn’t as transmissible as initially feared. Now it’s even worse? 

Also unclear how much of the current affect is localised. Guess they don’t want to talk about that.