20 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Been a few cases here.  Heard about a takeaway delivery driver today, he was delivering to a community when a positive case was confirmed.  They locked it down and he couldn't get out, they had to throw a tent over the fence for him to sleep in :lol:

[emoji38]

16 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Bahrain are using a different vaccine. That's the issue I heard, a further booster shot will be needed.

Mostly the "Russian" one. I'd not be the most trusting of that :lol:

The Russian one is superb apparently, it's the chineese one (sinopharm) that seems a bit useless, effective in preventing severe symptoms but doesn't work much in stopping you from getting covid, anyone who took it here is allowed to take a Pfizer booster shot, but its a problem because both Bahrain and UAE as well as many asian countries have used Sinophram the most as it was the first available one,

26 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The Russian one is superb apparently, it's the chineese one (sinopharm) that seems a bit useless, effective in preventing severe symptoms but doesn't work much in stopping you from getting covid, anyone who took it here is allowed to take a Pfizer booster shot, but its a problem because both Bahrain and UAE as well as many asian countries have used Sinophram the most as it was the first available one,

I've been hearing much the same thing except the Russian one could be any of a number of vaccines packaged under the sputnik name.  The sinopharm one doesn't seem great except for preventing serious or moderate illness so I suppose it does a job but it's not an ideal solution. 

11 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

See some SAGE scientist, Susan Michie, reckons we should be wearing masks and social distancing forever.

Ah... no.

Social distancing forever sounds ace, especially in supermarkets. Masks, nah.

I've already been badgering management at work to keep hand sanitiser about the place. No problem with masks in busy places and I've always practised social distancing wherever possible.

Both remove a massive element of being human, for me they're both crushingly depressing. Being close to, and interacting with, strangers is a very important part of life.

Other humans shouldn't be seen as a threat or just a vector for infection, we need to get over that idea as soon as we possibly can.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Both remove a massive element of being human, for me they're both crushingly depressing. Being close to, and interacting with, strangers is a very important part of life.

Other humans shouldn't be seen as a threat or just a vector for infection, we need to get over that idea as soon as we possibly can.

I don't see other humans as a threat, except to my sanity.

48 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I fucking love not being ill though.

Interesting that a lot of polish colleagues around my age have already had both vaccines despite their vaccination plan being 10 weeks behind the UK.  Shows the difference in demographics.

Is it looking 'grim', though? Or is it looking 'as you would reasonably expect given how we've been unable to completely eliminate the virus'? It's 45,000 positive cases out of more than 6 million tests over the last seven days.