2 minutes ago, TBG said:

16 hours on from my second jab and no side effects. Same with my first. Am I one of the lucky ones or am I already dead.

I think this is the most common experience. The people with side effects just talk louder.

I’d a bad night of side effects after my first one (haven’t got 2nd yet) but out of the dozens of people who I know got it only about three others had side effects, everyone else was grand.

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

Got my first jab tomorrow morning, then got Cricket in the afternoon, should be interesting :lol: 

Jab the non-throwing arm

18 hours ago, Troll said:

I'm better qualified than him to speak on the issue.  He's irrelevant and just trying to make a name for himself being contrary during the pandemic - predictably he was also pushing hydroxychloroquine.  The only person who credits him as the inventor of mRNA vaccines/technology is himself, and it doesn't look like he's had a proper job in 20 years.

That just reads like character assassination to me, but perhaps I'm wrong. If you have reason to believe that he isn't who he claims to be (or there is significant embellishment at work) then I'm guessing that's something which will gather traction over the coming weeks and months, given what's at stake as well as the tribal nature of everything surrounding this. 

I would like to ask, would you be able to situate the graph at the beginning of the video I posted in some kind of context which will help me to understand it better, from your perspective? 

'I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I'm not getting the jab...' was the conversation I ended up getting into earlier. I need to learn to let things go and not try to reason with these people :lol:

1 hour ago, Barnes23 said:

That just reads like character assassination to me, but perhaps I'm wrong. If you have reason to believe that he isn't who he claims to be (or there is significant embellishment at work) then I'm guessing that's something which will gather traction over the coming weeks and months, given what's at stake as well as the tribal nature of everything surrounding this. 

I would like to ask, would you be able to situate the graph at the beginning of the video I posted in some kind of context which will help me to understand it better, from your perspective? 

Find me a source (that isn't his website) that credits him as the inventor of RNA vaccines and I'll take it all back.  He doesn't even have a PhD, he's apparently a medical doctor, but according to his CV has never worked as one.  He claims to have ran a research group at UC Davis in the 90s, but I used to work there and none of my old colleagues who were around at that time have heard of him.  He's just a grifter who made a Youtube video.

The graph doesn't mean anything, they've not even labelled the y axis.  They're just talking nonsense, but dressing it up in sciencey sounding words.

Quick question. Had my first AZ jab 6 weeks ago. Had a text from doctors telling me to get my second jab now. I've read that second dose after 6 weeks only gives you 50% protection. Is that right? Not sure whether to get it now or wait another 6 weeks? Cheers. 

55 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Quick question. Had my first AZ jab 6 weeks ago. Had a text from doctors telling me to get my second jab now. I've read that second dose after 6 weeks only gives you 50% protection. Is that right? Not sure whether to get it now or wait another 6 weeks? Cheers. 

I read it only give you %30 against the Alpha variant. Just get it now and be %90 safe

Government only did 12 weeks so more people could get it.  Your booster should really be 2 weeks apart

Edited by Slim

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

2 lads at work brought their dates forward and were then advised at the vaccination centre that the jabs needed to be 8 weeks apart and one was sent home without a jab as he was at 7 weeks. Both were on the AZ. 

I'm sure I heard on the radio this week that new research suggests that two doses of AZ 6 weeks apart only gives you 50% against the Delta variant. Then it's a sliding scale up to 80% from week 6 to 12.

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

I'm sure I heard on the radio this week that new research suggests that two doses of AZ 6 weeks apart only gives you 50% against the Delta variant. Then it's a sliding scale up to 80% from week 6 to 12.

On the radio today it was said you have 80% protection after the 1st injection - who bloody knows anymore.  8 weeks is when you can get the 2nd shot now.

On 18/06/2021 at 14:11, Troll said:

Find me a source (that isn't his website) that credits him as the inventor of RNA vaccines and I'll take it all back.  He doesn't even have a PhD, he's apparently a medical doctor, but according to his CV has never worked as one.  He claims to have ran a research group at UC Davis in the 90s, but I used to work there and none of my old colleagues who were around at that time have heard of him.  He's just a grifter who made a Youtube video.

The graph doesn't mean anything, they've not even labelled the y axis.  They're just talking nonsense, but dressing it up in sciencey sounding words.

Not taking that side of things for the record, but this Malone dude absolutely had involvement in early days of RNA. I'm well out of my depth, and only came across this information via a Matt Taibbi article but it's not bullshit. He might be in turn peddling bullshit, but he is credited, with 2 others, as 'inventing' mRNA/RNA/whatever. I've since checked google and it's all over it, takes two seconds to validate. Poor form. 

37 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Not taking that side of things for the record, but this Malone dude absolutely had involvement in early days of RNA. I'm well out of my depth, and only came across this information via a Matt Taibbi article but it's not bullshit. He might be in turn peddling bullshit, but he is credited, with 2 others, as 'inventing' mRNA/RNA/whatever. I've since checked google and it's all over it, takes two seconds to validate. Poor form. 

Link?

Also, RNA is an absolutely huge field, predominantly non-vaccine related.  A search for scientific papers containing "RNA" in the title/abstract gives 1,182,483 hits (some of them by me).  "mRNA" has 695,870 results.  Just because you've published a couple of papers about RNA, it doesn't mean you invented anything.  Pfizer and Moderna are literally the first mRNA vaccines in existence - so where are the ones he invented 32 years ago?

Edited by Troll

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/meet-the-censored-bret-weinstein

Article I was reading that mentioned him and spurred my interest. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC297778/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

I'm not really battling this from the point of view I want to listen to him, it's more that I want to listen to you and feel you've rushed to judge this rather than check it out. I will add that if I've completely made a fool of myself, mixed Malones up, linking to stuff I have no idea about, whatever, then nothing new there and apologies for dragging this up again, but from what I can see there's no reason to doubt the 'inventor of RNA' thing, although perhaps the hogging of it for himself is a little self aggrandising. 

There is genuinely plenty of more links I could fish, but they all start to look the same to me as I've no idea what I'm really looking at. :lol: 

But Taibi, Weinstein, the likes, wouldn't have mentioned him/interviewed him if his claims didn't have some validity. These aren't random conspiratorial youtubers jumping at the chance to platform anyone willing to go against the grain (Weinstein arguably, but think it's a little more complex than that if anyone ever read of the Evergreen nonsense).

So to say it one last time, I am only saying he may quite be the inventor of RNA, not that I believe what is subsequently said about vaccines. 

I did read that first paper you linked - that's not proof he invented RNA vaccines.  To use an analogy, it'd be like the person who designed a hinge on the model T door claiming to be the inventor of the car.  Don't know who Taibbi is, but he doesn't appear to be a science journalist, and the last year has shown most journalists even at major publications to be completely scientifically illiterate.

That's fair enough, fully aware I was poking in the dark at that point. I still think you've been rather dismissive given I've found no one else, anywhere, be as dismissive of him as you. Like all these fake Drs popping up, there's plenty of debunking and push back on them to source, but I can't find a thing on Malone or anyone calling him a fraud to be avoided. 

But is this any better?

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-6110898-A

Could you possibly just be wrong? Like I hate this. I'm literally just doing it because I have no reason to believe what you've said about him. As you've asked for, where's your proof this guy is a fraud? 

I've read the science and it doesn't say what he's claiming it says.  He didn't invent mRNA vaccines.   I'm not sure what else I can say.  No-one's calling him a fraud or being dismissive because no-one even knows who he is.  Look at all the stories that don't mention him:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/rna-vaccines-a-novel-technology-to-prevent-and-treat-disease/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03626-1

https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html

Edited by Troll