1 hour ago, Nobody said:

It's a tiny needle though :lol: much smaller than giving blood, and that doesn't make it hurt.

It's not about that though, blood is out of an artery, the vaccine is intra-muscular straight into the deltoid and muscles bruise easy.

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Worst thing about this thread is people with absolutely zero qualifications arguing with Troll. :lol:

I appreciate his expertise and enjoy(?) his posts, but I don't agree with this at all.

Troll was telling us it was overblown and nothing to worry about at the start. He's allowed to be wrong sometimes.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I appreciate his expertise and enjoy(?) his posts, but I don't agree with this at all.

Troll was telling us it was overblown and nothing to worry about at the start. He's allowed to be wrong sometimes.

Massively different. He's been studying the virus now for 2 years. Everybody got it wrong at the start. People are arguing with him about how a virus can spread or mutate. He's a virologist ffs.

I appreciate he can be wrong, doesn't mean he doesn't have more knowledge about this stuff in his little finger than all of us put together.

Edited by Froggy

2 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Also, I think people have asked good questions tbf. (Pedro a few pages back)

So more dancing around the question at PMQs around how many people are expected to be hospitalised or die as a result of the latest approach.

Clearly Delta really is a game-changer, previously herd immunity by infection would have taken months or years, now with such increased transmissibility the government can just let go and those debilitated or dead are collateral damage.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

So more dancing around the question at PMQs around how many people are expected to be hospitalised or die as a result of the latest approach.

Clearly Delta really is a game-changer, previously herd immunity by infection would have taken months or years, now with such increased transmissibility the government can just let go and those debilitated or dead are collateral damage.

Pile ‘em high….

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Again @Troll is the man on this, but I don't think herd immunity through infection is realistically possible. Brazil has shown that, they had areas where they reached herd immunity levels of antibodies in the first wave, that were then hit just as hard again in the second. By letting the virus run free it's pretty much guaranteed to evolve a variant that will effectively re-infect those that have already be infected before herd immunity is achieved.

Edited by Jackie Broon

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Again @Troll is the man on this, but I don't think herd immunity through infection is realistically possible. Brazil has shown that, they had areas where they reached herd immunity levels of antibodies in the first wave, that were then hit just as hard again in the second. By letting the virus run free it's pretty much guaranteed to evolve a variant that will effectively re-infect those that have already be infected before herd immunity is achieved.

I don't doubt it. I just think that the possibility of blasting through people at breakneck speed is a massive boost to what Johnson wanted to do all along. If it leaves people susceptible to a new strain, well then that's next year's problem.

55 minutes ago, TBG said:

Walking through Eldon Square on my lunch and it would appear wearing masks is now optional. 

There’s so much confirmation bias in this debate, myself included. I basically never see anyone without a mask because I’m not looking for it.