1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

We've got the new variant now! 

It'll be a a threat in the winter as it doesn't need a coat go out :lol:

Case numbers everywhere are going to be wild in the next couple of weeks. 

From a virus pov England in the final is probably the worst thing that could have happened. Bonus points for us also hosting the game. 

Got my second AZ yesterday.

I read you would get rough from the second one as your immune system now recognises the virus from your first jab. Nothing from the first and nothing from the second :dontknow:

I don't even have a sore arm, this time. And I've not been ill during this pandemic. 

I have to say...the process is super efficient and zero hassle. I even got free parking via the Durham Boots one. In, jabbed, 5 min sit, out. Plus every member of staff super nice. It would get top marks on Tripadvisor :lol:

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Got my second AZ yesterday.

I read you would get rough from the second one as your immune system now recognises the virus from your first jab. Nothing from the first and nothing from the second :dontknow:

I don't even have a sore arm, this time. And I've not been ill during this pandemic. 

I have to say...the process is super efficient and zero hassle. I even got free parking via the Durham Boots one. In, jabbed, 5 min sit, out. Plus every member of staff super nice. It would get top marks on Tripadvisor :lol:

First AZ ruined me second had nothing. Maybe you're super human, or your immune system is rubbish, who knows. Don't think the reaction to it indicates anything though. 

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

First AZ ruined me second had nothing. Maybe you're super human, or your immune system is rubbish, who knows. Don't think the reaction to it indicates anything though. 

Same for me.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

We've got the new variant now! 

:scared: is that for real?  I went to Tynemouth Market today and it was rammed.  It's scary this virus is so prevalent yet it feels like the pandemic is over.

On 11/07/2021 at 13:38, duo said:

I don't think anyone has - yet - it's just the papers this morning were suggesting they were thinking of making it 4 weeks.

I got mine a couple days before 6 weeks. I just got an invite to book my second jab from the gp I got my first jab from so I took the booking.

So my take from Boris press conference is - we're removing the laws around social distancing and masks but expect to people still follow them or we're stuffed. Super- what could possibly go wrong.

26 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

My take from what Whitty was saying is that we're not even passing the four tests, so should we really be lifting the stage 4 restrictions?

Ha yeah was a total fudge.  I still don't understand why they can't keep the law on mask wearing if it's required? which it clearly is - it just makes no sense to stop it being law then relying on people to still wear them. Yes some will - but a lot won't. Utterly ridiculous. If they thought people would wear them why did they make it law in the first place?

On 11/07/2021 at 13:34, Happinesstan said:

Has anybody had their second dose less than 6 weeks after their first? Most people seem to be in the 8-10 wk bracket. Figures relative to that would be handy.

Mine were exactly 4 weeks apart.

Me and the Mrs are now 7 days into self-isolation and it's been hard going, especially with having two dogs.  The wife tested positive just over a week ago, which was a couple of days after getting her second jab.  Ironically, one of the few places she could have caught it was at the Centre for Life.  It's just been like a bad head cold for her, but she's usually wiped out by teatime and has to go to bed.  I've been fine and have continued to test negative, been double-jabbed since mid-June so not sure if that has anything to do with it.