1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Spent the weekend in London and the mask situation down here is mad. Barely anyone is wearing them

That's what I mean yet the NE has it worse. It's mental. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Spent the weekend in London and the mask situation down here is mad. Barely anyone is wearing them

Which part?

I'm in Camden and it seems that everyone is still following the general guidance.

14 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

Which part?

I'm in Camden and it seems that everyone is still following the general guidance.

Stratford specifically Westfield shopping centre

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

This has finally got me, just tested positive on a LFT, away for a PCR in a bit.

Don’t have any of the main 3 symptoms, feel like I’ve got a horrible cold though - bunged up, snotty, headaches etc. Had 1 shot of Pfizer so hopefully that’s keeping the worst of it at bay!

ZOE's COVID symptom study reckons that the 3 main symptoms are now outdated (particularly for the vaccinated) and that the common symptoms now align with what you describe (headache, runny nose, and sneezing/sore throat).

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

ZOE's COVID symptom study reckons that the 3 main symptoms are now outdated (particularly for the vaccinated) and that the common symptoms now align with what you describe (headache, runny nose, and sneezing/sore throat).

The government have known that for months but haven't updated the guidance because it would result in too many people needing to isolate.

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

I had the worst headache and sore throat of my life during covid, lasted ages as well. At the time they weren’t known symptoms so I didn’t check. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I had the worst headache and sore throat of my life during covid, lasted ages as well. At the time they weren’t known symptoms so I didn’t check. 

I was the same headache wise - I did t check for a couple of days because of the same reason

42 minutes ago, duo said:

Sky news saying North East is 1 in 30 now :scared:

We’re absolutely riddled with it. Totally dominating the charts. Top dogs by a mile. 

What a bunch of grubby little fuckers we are up here. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

18 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

We’re absolutely riddled with it. Totally dominating the charts. Top dogs by a mile. 

What a bunch of grubby little fuckers we are up here. 

For me it doesn’t matter - as long as the deaths stay low we have to live with it 

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

For me it doesn’t matter - as long as the deaths stay low we have to live with it 

Even if that means, e.g. your local A&E/intensive care units cease to be able to function? If it means you call an ambulance for a heart attack and it takes an hour to arrive? 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not the most helpful post. 

Sorry.

Everything's going to be completely fine, Boris and Sajid know exactly what they're doing, throw your masks away and don't worry, there won't be any consequences.

15 minutes ago, tgarve said:

What is "low"? Currently it's around 50 people per day, with those being a much younger age range than previous waves. Deaths today result from infections 3-4 weeks ago when cases were around 3-4 times lower than now. So we're probably have a death rate of around 150-200 per day based on the current rate of infection, that is doubling every 7-10 days and deaths will rise in at roughly the same rate.

If someone you love is one of those thousands of people who will die as a result, would you still consider that something we just have to live with?

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Sorry.

Everything's going to be completely fine, Boris and Sajid know exactly what they're doing, throw your masks away and don't worry, there won't be any consequences.

Again shite.

I understand you’re a scientist and close to this, and I doubt many people will think the high number of cases is a good idea. But it doesn’t help anything to scare people about a hypothetical situation that may never happen.  

TBH it’s my fault really, I shouldn’t come in here. There’s nothing to be gained.