10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Loving my new found freedom today, WFH and not leaving the house unless it's on fire. I do have a Amazon parcel coming today. Might hug the driver.

Sounds like my first day of freedom. Except I have a trip to the supermarket pencilled in so that will be fun. I'm hoping as per @AyeDubbleYoo's post that the majority of people are going to be sensible.

My 5yo twins have been sent home to isolate for 10 days (gutted they miss their lastweek of their first year of school) because they were in contact. I got 3 others in 2 different schools and a missus who works in retail but they still have to go into work/school, how is this isolating :help:

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Quite good getting a coffee today. The place wasn’t done up like a bio-hazard with constant reminders of covid. But tables are nicely spaced, customers wearing masks, checkin thing and sanitiser is still there but a little less fascist. Quite relaxing. 

Hopefully this kind of compromise is going to be quite common. The public have generally been much more cautious than the government, so we’ll see. 

Less hand-cleanser, more ethnic-cleanser.

[emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A sore arm is hardly a side effect. :lol: It's a direct result of a needle being poked in your arm. 

True, but it's also true it's effecting you on your side. 

13 minutes ago, Cf said:

Sounds like my first day of freedom. Except I have a trip to the supermarket pencilled in so that will be fun. I'm hoping as per @AyeDubbleYoo's post that the majority of people are going to be sensible.

From posts, news and reports it seems a mixed bag on how people approach this.   Probably depends on what activity you want to do and what demograph it attracts.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to admit I nearly cried watching the videos of people in clubs on BBC, looks absolutely amazing. Yet scary, of course. 

I nearly cried as well but for different reasons. It just seems like we've had a chance to change the world for the better but no, pubs/clubs, by the pool type holidays and a no one tells me what to do even if they know better type belligerence is all that matters.

24 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

The nurse who was handling me on the Nightingale says they need younger people to be encouraged to get the vaccine.

Can we not just start hunting them down with tranquiliser darts filled with Pfizer?

Seen posts on FB and Twitter last couple of days, suggesting that two of the young guys shown/spoken to on a recent ITV News report were both actors, and 'crisis actors' at that.

Maybe it is propaganda, or maybe these two who caught it and were hospitalised and unvaccinated just happened to be actors as their profession, but stuff like that going around isn't likely to help encouraged the 'yoof' to have the the jab(s).

Sadly as said above, I think only a covid passport with restriction of bars, clubs, holidays etc would make them get it.

Edited by TK-421

1 hour ago, danny said:

My 5yo twins have been sent home to isolate for 10 days (gutted they miss their lastweek of their first year of school) because they were in contact. I got 3 others in 2 different schools and a missus who works in retail but they still have to go into work/school, how is this isolating :help:

My eldest has been told to isolate for 10 days also, misses the last 2 days of school, however my youngest, who has been diving round the pool with her sister all weekend, is fine to go in. 

So many flaws. 

I've been told to isolate for 3 days (until Thursday), clearly linked to London last Sunday, so I've been swanning about for a week before being told I should isolate.  Just seems pointless. 

42 minutes ago, madras said:

I nearly cried as well but for different reasons. It just seems like we've had a chance to change the world for the better but no, pubs/clubs, by the pool type holidays and a no one tells me what to do even if they know better type belligerence is all that matters.

Wait, so banning all those things makes the world better or do you just mean for now? 

It’s great seeing so many people out having fun, especially with the Euros recently. Especially in London where I am, where I love the buzz now but it was a depressing place over winter. 

Nightclubs reopening I feel a bit uneasy about. But given the devastating impacts of the pandemic on them I can’t blame some for being happy about it. 

It’s easy to sneer at people going to nightclubs and stuff. But getting together, human contact, dancing together, trying to have some fun. It’s basically the main point of life.

I agree we need to learn lessons and make changes to how we live. But for me it would get closer to more of that kind of connection rather than less. 

Obvs just getting pissed to escape your life wouldn’t really be needed if we made life overall nicer. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

14 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Seen posts on FB and Twitter last couple of days, suggesting that two of the young guys shown/spoken to on a recent ITV News report were both actors, and 'crisis actors' at that.

Maybe it is propaganda, or maybe these two who caught it and were hospitalised and unvaccinated just happened to be actors as their profession, but stuff like that going around isn't likely to help encouraged the 'yoof' to have the the jab(s).

Sadly as said above, I think only a covid passport with restriction of bars, clubs, holidays etc would make them get it.

It's total bullshit. The hospital admissions are a matter of record, why would they need to get some actors in for God's sake?

11 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Wait, so banning all those things makes the world better or do you just mean for now? 

It’s great seeing so many people out having fun, especially with the Euros recently. Especially in London where I am, where I love the buzz now but it was a depressing place over winter. 

Nightclubs reopening I feel a bit uneasy about. But given the devastating impacts of the pandemic on them I can’t blame some for being happy about it. 

I never mentioned banning them, just we've had a chance to realise that a weekend in Magaluf isn't the be all and end all. It's like we've been conditioned into it.

People need to stop relying on social media and word of mouth for news, if we have any hope of not destroying ourselves through misinformation. There’s enough already in right-wing publications 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think in general we need to cut our consumption of news dramatically. Whether social or traditional media. 

Or at least be more discerning in our sources.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think in general we need to cut our consumption of news dramatically. Whether social or traditional media. 

The majority of it isn’t even news anyway, I don’t watch news, read the papers or follow shit on social media, it’s made me feel a lot healthier mentally if anything.