54 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's funny. Now that people are going to bars etc. it's the biggest crime of humanity. Yet everybody loved the Euros.

Also theatres look like they will be excluded from the passports requirement.

Seems like everything is just going as before Monday even with the dropping of legal restrictions - everyone is still masked on transport in shops/ public transport etc. most places are still table service, only difference is more business are open

Yeah, haven't really noticed much except reduced amount of signs and warning tape and stuff like that. Which is really good IMO, because nobody wants to live permanently in a state of alert. 

My mask broke today but I still went into a shop. But nobody else was in there and the staff were behind a plastic screen.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, haven't really noticed much except reduced amount of signs and warning tape and stuff like that. Which is really good IMO, because nobody wants to live permanently in a state of alert. 

My mask broke today but I still went into a shop. But nobody else was in there and the staff were behind a plastic screen.

Subhuman scum.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:milner:

33 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Genuinely terrifying

How do you even begin to try and bring these people back down to earth? It's really scary what some people will believe.

7 minutes ago, TBG said:

Screenshot-20210720-121943-Instagram.jpg

Would they be for, or against hanging both pedos and unvaccinated folk?

I think they'd be for because they could argue that paedophiles, rapists and unvaccinated people all shouldn't really be near a school, for example. Although, for the latter, it's only a problem if they're in close contact for more than 15 minutes, which, for the former, is more than enough time. 

Cases in Wales down a lot from same time last week.

Blip?

Sunny weather?

Impact of schools closing, less LFTs and therefore less PCRs taking place?

Impact of the really high vaccination rates?

If it's the third one then you'd expect the same in England over the course of this week, countered by possible fall out from the Euro Final still but if it does happen then it may mask some impact from Braveheart Monday

There are US states that have stayed out of lockdown and have seen waves come and go, before vaccinations. Infection levels don’t necessarily just keep going up without intervention.

42 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Cases in Wales down a lot from same time last week.

Blip?

Sunny weather?

Impact of schools closing, less LFTs and therefore less PCRs taking place?

Impact of the really high vaccination rates?

If it's the third one then you'd expect the same in England over the course of this week, countered by possible fall out from the Euro Final still but if it does happen then it may mask some impact from Braveheart Monday

Probably a healthy mix of all 4 and also if people have been pinging/isolating it takes them out of action so slows spread.

Just an additional point that’s worth keeping in mind, hospitalisation doesn’t always means life threatening respiratory disease. My lasses mate ended up in hospital because having covid made her spew loads and she got dehydrated.

They got some liquids into her then sent her home. 

I tend to look at people in hospital data, rather than admissions only. Accounts for people leaving as well.

Deaths by date of death is more useful than deaths by date reported as well. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo