You want the benefits of society then that comes with some rules. You want to be free from rules then fuck off and live in some remote wilderness.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Putting aside the ethical arguments - vaccine passports are pointless. Just yet another way to waste billions of pounds of public money and make life harder for businesses.

A double vaxxed person with Covid and mild symptoms (entirely unaware that they have Covid) will waltz into a nightclub, while an anti-vaxxer who is at that point perfectly healthy won't be able to go. If anything, if you're still concerned about spread, they're likely to create overconfidence and undermine common sense assessment of risk and personal ill-health. 

I'll be double jabbed by early August, so this won't affect me in any way whatsoever at a personal level, but I am entirely against them. 

Waste? That money will go to help the needy greedy.

4 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Losing your job?

No. You asked my definition and I just gave it to you. That's shitty, but not outcasted. You are free to find other employment, go see your friends.  If you think it isn't business driving those decisions then more fool you really. It's not mandated by the government that employees have to be vaccinated. Employers want people able to work, they don't care about anything else.

Losing job isn't nice, but employers have a duty of care to those they give services especially in health to and to their other staff (under the health and safety act).

Edited by neesy111

16 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Losing your job?

If your job involves looking after vulnerable people and you refuse to get vaccinated against a contagious disease that could kill them, then you're a cunt and deserve to lose your job.

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

If your job involves looking after vulnerable people and you refuse to get vaccinated against a contagious disease that could kill them, then you're a cunt and deserve to lose your job.

Do you think they will stop at just people who look after the vulnerable?

Healthcare close contact jobs are a slightly different question to the wider issue of passports. 

I am worried about why passports are needed, my best hope is that they are time-limited and the need for them declines as more people get vaccinated and infected. 

I don’t see why we need to worry particularly about a small percentage of unvaccinated people if everyone else is protected. That said, I obviously don’t know what that level should be set at. 

Also, it worries me a lot in principle that people are so eager to invite restrictions and government oversight into their lives. That’s a general point, which could easily be exploited by a more malicious authoritarian government in future. Hypothetically of course. 

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

We have a Prime Minister who would ignore the pandemic entirely if he could get away with it, we're hardly in Orwell territory.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Healthcare close contact jobs are a slightly different question to the wider issue of passports. 

I am worried about why passports are needed, my best hope is that they are time-limited and the need for them declines as more people get vaccinated and infected. 

I don’t see why we need to worry particularly about a small percentage of unvaccinated people if everyone else is protected. That said, I obviously don’t know what that level should be set at. 

Also, it worries me a lot in principle that people are so eager to invite restrictions and government oversight into their lives. That’s a general point, which could easily be exploited by a more malicious authoritarian government in future. Hypothetically of course. 

Worry about the actual authoritarian shot they are doing imho.

5 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

You could be giving vulnerable people COVID in a restaurant, a bar, a shop, literally anywhere. What if vulnerable people can’t go to those places for fear of catching COVID because so many won’t get vaccinated? What if they can’t go to work because there are work colleagues there who are denying the vaccine and it’s too risky? Where does that leave them in society? 

If the unvaccinated are cut off from public spaces until the end of the pandemic I’m all for it. People went out and did their part to protect themselves and others, why should we still be at risk? If someone isn’t getting the vaccine and they have no medical reason for it then they’re selfish and I don’t care what they think of the passport scheme being introduced.

Heard the passports are only there to collect our data!!!.  Was reliably told by a bloke who's apparently a sweet potato from doing one of those 'Find out what type of potato you are 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂' quizzes on Facebook.

6 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Not an answer to the question but, ok.

As already pointed out others have to be vaccinated against other things and that hasn't been rolled out to everyone.

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Unvaccinated people are currently filling up our hospitals at rapid pace, young people as well. There was a guy on LBC yesterday, his sister had her cancer treatment cancelled on the day of the operation because the hospital ran out of beds - now she's onto experimental treatments to have any hope. Shelagh Fogerty, the LBC presenter, rang an ambulance for her mother yesterday and there wasn't one available for 24 hours!

The UK will not be considered "back to normal" when gigs are up and running again, it'll be when we have a functioning healthcare system. The only way out of this is vaccines, rather than just pretending it's finished.

That's a much better put way of what I was getting at the other day that many do see "normal" and "freedom" purely as the pub, a holiday and not wearing a mask.

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not really opposed to the passports but I do agree on the last point. I think we’ve come to accept restrictions and oversight as part of life now and it’s like people are shamed into agreeing otherwise they are deemed selfish, despite everyone’s situation being different. Also seems to be a grass is greener thing - I’m sure a lot of people always calling for more restrictions will be moaning once they’re in place and not quickly removed. Or many who don’t complain just aren’t as badly affected. 

I got J&J. Should I go get a quick slap of Pfizer? If so, do I just get a single slap?

Wondering if I need both slaps to get another vaccine card thing in case they decide J&J doesn't count at some point. 

32 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The difference being?

One is temporary and the other invades every aspect of your personal life for the rest of your life with potential knock on effects to your financial, health and shopping records as technology and/or authoritarianism progresses??

24 minutes ago, madras said:

That's a much better put way of what I was getting at the other day that many do see "normal" and "freedom" purely as the pub, a holiday and not wearing a mask.

Well it's a bit of both innit? Pointless having a smooth-running NHS if everyone's life is miserable, and vice-versa. It's a very interesting question, we idolise our health system (often rightly) but it's a very unusual situation when you have to choose how much to 'protect' it.

8 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Not really opposed to the passports but I do agree on the last point. I think we’ve come to accept restrictions and oversight as part of life now and it’s like people are shamed into agreeing otherwise they are deemed selfish, despite everyone’s situation being different. Also seems to be a grass is greener thing - I’m sure a lot of people always calling for more restrictions will be moaning once they’re in place and not quickly removed. Or many who don’t complain just aren’t as badly affected. 

We've always had restrictions and oversight.

See that speed limit? The one next to the CCTV camera, next to that sign saying 'No ball games', across the road from the 'Drugs will not be tolerated' sign outside the exclusive hotel with the security guard outside?