10 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

In your eyes.

Crackers for me that.

I made a great big fucking post here but fuck it, its gone. Cant be arsed. 

To suffice, anything that reduces the spread of a virus is a good thing.

Anything that reduces the suffering/illness caused by a virus, is also good thing.

It really is that simple.

Just to play Devil's Dispenser for a moment, it is a legitimate concern to receive a vaccine because you can have a fear of needles or have an apprehension of their contents or potential side effects. It's also reasonable to be nervous about the impact on yourself in terms of what you can or cannot do in society compared with what you could do previously way back up to early 2020. Certain suspicions surrounding this government can definitely amplify these feelings one way or another. 

However. Society evolves and things change. Up to the First World War, the idea of a passport to travel to different countries was relatively rare, unnecessary and in many cases not required. You could travel the globe in every direction with minimal, if any, checks. Nowadays, a passport to travel overseas is taken for granted that it's something we need, complaints mainly focused on cost and colour (too soon?). 

If getting a vaccine was 100% a personal my body, my choice thing then that's fair but, in my opinion, it's not. We need to protect and help each other. Of course it helps us as individuals, it's daft to suggest otherwise but the positive impact getting vaccinated has on all of us simply cannot be overstated. Contributing to society in 2021 means getting a vaccine if you are offered one to keep us all safe if you're wanting to head out to one of those discotheques, just like getting a passport kept society safe (for a different reason) back in 1914 if you fancied a continental jaunt and just happened to have one of those pesky forrin accents. 

Who knows where I'm heading with this. Vaccines weren't invented yesterday, when you've got Russia, China, the US, UK et al all agreeing this is something humanity should be doing together then you know shit's getting real. We need to look after each other and often we have to do things we're not particularly keen on but we need to take one for the team, as the NWA would say, for the greater good before we're up to our balls in jugglers. Sorry, I digress. 

Fuck it. I've worked in the NHS for 12 years (both my parents did for over 30 years) and (thankfully, so fortunately and massively thankfully), I've had my Pfizers since January and March so I'm pretty much chomping at the bit to be licking every unclean surface between the Tweed and the Tyne but if I have to wait a wee bit longer for the absolutely tremendous vaccine rollout to jab a few more people then that's fine. Am I happy to hold back because those refusing a free, well tested and life saving vaccine are now the tail wagging the dog? Nah. 

Get it in your arm, man. 

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I made a great big fucking post here but fuck it, its gone. Cant be arsed. 

To suffice, anything that reduces the spread of a virus is a good thing.

Anything that reduces the suffering/illness caused by a virus, is also good thing.

It really is that simple.

At least you admitted that you were wrong to say anyone who disagrees with vacc passports loves disease spreading.

That was worrying.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

At least you admitted that you were wrong to say anyone who disagrees with vacc passports loves disease spreading.

That was worrying.

I think I said my descriptions were overly dramatic, not 'wrong'.

Anyway, youre on ignore.

My first ignored user in here since the board split.

Question:

Are there any developments in getting the vaccines deliverable by pill form, or orally?

Does the delivery method depend on the virus? Are pills more expensive? Anyone know how it works?

18 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Question:

Are there any developments in getting the vaccines deliverable by pill form, or orally?

Does the delivery method depend on the virus? Are pills more expensive? Anyone know how it works?

Nee idea, polio comes in like a sugar cube thing iirc.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Nee idea, polio comes in like a sugar cube thing iirc.

Polio used to when I were a kid, don't think it does now, at least can't remember my two getting it that way.

Edit.... Just checked and its part if the multi vaccines kids get when babies.

Edited by madras

30 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Question:

I think one of the flu vaccines is available as a nasal spray for children so perhaps in time this could be a possibility for the covid vaccine?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Could the lurgy be carried in the smoke ? Surely a bath of acid would be safer ?

important questions to ask, for sure. 

Edited by Smal

Personally don't care about vaccine passports. Implement them for nightclubs, gigs, football matches, I'm personally fine with that. Shuts out the moronic/cunt anti-vaxxers so happy days. Or don't. Meh.