Thought I was having issues with side effects from the second jab, but I’ve just tested positive. 

I’m symptomatic as well. I’ve a temperature of 38.3 which is going to be fantastic in this weather. Any advice to make these next few days a bit easier?

Edited by Decky

2 hours ago, Cf said:

Second dose isn't pulling any punches :(

Hasn't been too bad yet for me, had mine Monday night. Had a migraine with aura on Tuesday, some ear pressure/popping yesterday. Feel pretty much normal today, just lingering sore arm.

28 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

Working from home is already happening for many 

Hybrid working is going to be the norm going forward.

Companies that want staff to go back to the office 5 days a week will find employees jumping ship with how competitive the job market is imo.

10 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Southern US states are going to be fucked when Delta takes hold. 

I'm not 100% sure I believe this. I'm massively pro-vaccine but it's stuff like this that seems a bit too "ideal"

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

Cheers @Wullie:thup:

Wonder if the UKs delta wave will be worse than a lot of Europe due to a lot of AZ vaccinations whereas I think the rest of the EU has mainly gone for Pfizer/Moderna.

Good question but the data suggests the oldies who were dying in their thousands across the first couple of waves, don't seem to be doing so in this wave and a good number of them were AZ I think?

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How quickly do we think we’ll be back to compulsory masks, WFH and social distancing again? By the end of August?

I think case numbers will drop over the next 2 weeks due to schools being out / people on holiday and not doing LFTs leading to PCRs. 

This will of course just mask the impact of Braveheart day but it will he seen as a triumph and carry on. 

My Mrs just got turned away for her second dose as it hadn't been eight weeks yet, they told her it'd been booked in error. 

Might be worth knowing as it seemed a bit of a free for all to begin with. My parents only had around a four week gaps between their vaccines.

When I went yesterday there were signs up saying it must be at least 8 weeks before doses and they wouldn't do it any earlier. 

The Govt are clearly ignoring the advice and the obvious here. Deaths are down but infection rate is climbing rapidly and god help us if the virus has variant that can deal with the vaccine.

My stepson tested positive a couple of weeks ago (single jabbed) next door’s son went to Majorca and he and all his mates came back positive and we’re opening doors to night clubs here.

It’s completely irresponsible to throw caution to the wind right now. Boris should be made to travel by public transport for work and go clubbing at the weekend. Let’s see how he gets on. There’s more positive cases around here than any other time.

I’ve an Aunt who turns 100 in August, she’s arranged a family meal at a local pub/ restaurant. I genuinely fear for her and there’ll also be several other 80+ year olds there as well including my mother. Boris says it’s ok and it’s ok for everyone else in there that day to have done what they want in the preceding days and what will be will be. Of course she could cancel the meal but that’s not going to happen. With a bit luck the place will have to close down before the day.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How quickly do we think we’ll be back to compulsory masks, WFH and social distancing again? By the end of August?

September is my guess- when schools are back 

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Hasn't been too bad yet for me, had mine Monday night. Had a migraine with aura on Tuesday, some ear pressure/popping yesterday. Feel pretty much normal today, just lingering sore arm.

This heat really isn't helping. My whole body is aching and I'm drowning water like nobody's business but isn't really doing much. 

5 hours ago, Decky said:

Thought I was having issues with side effects from the second jab, but I’ve just tested positive. 

I’m symptomatic as well. I’ve a temperature of 38.3 which is going to be fantastic in this weather. Any advice to make these next few days a bit easier?

Stay away from Marron's arse. Moisture is a breeding ground. 

14 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

My symptoms were pretty bad like. Fever, cold sweats and struggling to breathe at times. The worst thing has been this nasty cough, over a week in now its still constant. Hope theres not permanent damage to my lungs. :undecided:

With you on that like, it's nasty when it gets hold. 3 weeks now and I am still feeling crap. Seems to come and ease in waves, one minute you think you are on the mend, then next you are flat out again. Agree on the struggling to breath. I have only mild asthma, but it has really aggravated it where I was given an aero chamber for my inhaler and put on steroids. Thought i was on the mend again at the weekend, but Monday I went right down hill again. Woke up through the night with massive chest pains which i didn't like at all, and on the Tuesday morning my heart was absolutely racing and i couldn't stop shaking. Ended up having to go into hospital for an ECG, x-ray and various blood tests. Luckily all was ok, they just kept me back a bit as they were concerned about my heart rate. Looks like it is all after effects from the virus and will just be a case of riding it out. The coughing and chest pains are ridiculous like. Anyone gambling by not getting vaccinated, it really isn't worth the risk. Just get it done. Would hate to see what it would have been like if i caught it without being vaccinated. It's fucking shit.

Where the fuck does the 99.7% come from?  Am I missing something by doing a crude calculation of Cases divided by Deaths (97.69%)?

Edited by Sima

15 minutes ago, Sima said:

Where the fuck does the 99.7% come from?  Am I missing something by doing a crude calculation of Cases divided by Deaths (97.69%)?

The 99.7% is likely plucked from thin air, but cases divided by deaths won't be accurate either as it doesn't account for the fairly sizeable amount of people who are asymptomatic and never get tested.

51 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

With you on that like, it's nasty when it gets hold. 3 weeks now and I am still feeling crap. Seems to come and ease in waves, one minute you think you are on the mend, then next you are flat out again. Agree on the struggling to breath. I have only mild asthma, but it has really aggravated it where I was given an aero chamber for my inhaler and put on steroids. Thought i was on the mend again at the weekend, but Monday I went right down hill again. Woke up through the night with massive chest pains which i didn't like at all, and on the Tuesday morning my heart was absolutely racing and i couldn't stop shaking. Ended up having to go into hospital for an ECG, x-ray and various blood tests. Luckily all was ok, they just kept me back a bit as they were concerned about my heart rate. Looks like it is all after effects from the virus and will just be a case of riding it out. The coughing and chest pains are ridiculous like. Anyone gambling by not getting vaccinated, it really isn't worth the risk. Just get it done. Would hate to see what it would have been like if i caught it without being vaccinated. It's fucking shit.

Damn that's rough man,especially after getting vaccinated, that's wild. I was the same though, I don't have asthma, but I had the chest pains, rapid heart rate, running out of breath for months after.  People are wild taking a risk getting this.

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

The 99.7% is likely plucked from thin air, but cases divided by deaths won't be accurate either as it doesn't account for the fairly sizeable amount of people who are asymptomatic and never get tested.

Aye, also will not include those that have tested positive twice.