1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

With you on that like, it's nasty when it gets hold. 3 weeks now and I am still feeling crap. Seems to come and ease in waves, one minute you think you are on the mend, then next you are flat out again. Agree on the struggling to breath. I have only mild asthma, but it has really aggravated it where I was given an aero chamber for my inhaler and put on steroids. Thought i was on the mend again at the weekend, but Monday I went right down hill again. Woke up through the night with massive chest pains which i didn't like at all, and on the Tuesday morning my heart was absolutely racing and i couldn't stop shaking. Ended up having to go into hospital for an ECG, x-ray and various blood tests. Luckily all was ok, they just kept me back a bit as they were concerned about my heart rate. Looks like it is all after effects from the virus and will just be a case of riding it out. The coughing and chest pains are ridiculous like. Anyone gambling by not getting vaccinated, it really isn't worth the risk. Just get it done. Would hate to see what it would have been like if i caught it without being vaccinated. It's fucking shit.

I'm about a week behind you but have had more or less the exact same.

Just received a letter today for a follow up x-ray and chest CT scan.

Doubt I'd be replying here if I hadn't already had both jabs, and that's a sobering thought. 😔

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wonder if it’s because of immunity or people just being scared into staying at home. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Good news but surely a surprise or the calm before another huge spike given reopening? 

I'm still putting money on it being less LFTs resulting in less PCRs resulting in less cases. 

Hospitalisation figures will be the real indicator on what impact Monday has. 

36 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I'm still putting money on it being less LFTs resulting in less PCRs resulting in less cases. 

Hospitalisation figures will be the real indicator on what impact Monday has. 

I'd be interested to see the test numbers as definitely think people are either starting to not bother getting tested if mild or being pressured by employers not to.

Edited by Si

Yeah tests have gone down as well quite a bit this week so that could be masking things.

A woman at my mam's work in her late 30s has just died in hospital. No health issues other than being overweight.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Yeah tests have gone down as well quite a bit this week so that could be masking things.

A woman at my mam's work in her late 30s has just died in hospital. No health issues other than being overweight.

Jesus. Did she have any of the jabs?

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

To be fair, that is a pretty bad health issue, right there.

22 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Being overweight is one of the biggest risk factors after age, I've heard from someone who works in our local hospital that all of the covid patients in their 30s that have died in that hospital have been overweight.

This was published directly as a result of Johnson (probably correctly) being convinced that his weight was the reason he ended up in hospital with it:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-obesity-government-strategy/tackling-obesity-empowering-adults-and-children-to-live-healthier-lives#:~:text=As Public Health England's ( PHE,mechanical ventilation or admission to

Edited by Jackie Broon

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

"Sheeple"

I fucking hate that.:icon_puke_l:

Mate of mine since school, retired Chief Inspector no less is absolutely obsessed with ALL of it, flat earth, planet Nebaru (sp), hollow earth also (?),Soros, antivaxx, the whole nine yards.:cheesy:

Great bloke otherwise but fuck me, he's had some abuse like.:lol:

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

It shouldn't have taken a pandemic to start to properly tackle obesity ffs.

If anything it’s made it worse, lockdowns, lack of gym/exercise/sport/outdoor stuff etc. It’s a bigger health hazard to our country than Covid itself IMO. We desperately need to tackle it.

Hopsitalisations in NI seem to be going up at the same rate as the previous two waves. Numbers are just under half of the highest hospitalisations total from the first wave and we've only been getting high case numbers for about a week now. 

So half the country doesn't have to isolate now - government are just making this up as they go.

Edited by duo

12 minutes ago, duo said:

So half the country doesn't have to isolate now - government are just making this up as they go.

Well sadly I don’t know solution, but there comes a point where all this isolating is becoming a nuisance. Might as well just have a proper lockdown again for a few weeks than let covid run wild if services and businesses are going to suffer anyway because of the self-isolating. 

The sheer amount of self-isolations doesn’t really make sense given how few people would have actually caught covid. Then you have that app that people still don’t realise you can just ignore… it tells people they need to self-isolate despite that merely being advisory rather than mandatory. Not everyone knows that though, so the disruptions caused are catastrophic despite being unnecessary.  

Edited by St. Maximin