4 hours ago, Doc said:

I fucking hate that.:icon_puke_l:

Mate of mine since school, retired Chief Inspector no less is absolutely obsessed with ALL of it, flat earth, planet Nebaru (sp), hollow earth also (?),Soros, antivaxx, the whole nine yards.:cheesy:

Great bloke otherwise but fuck me, he's had some abuse like.:lol:

Never heard of this one before [emoji38] What a life. 

If you download the app you are serious about the rona, fair enough, don't then complain about having to isolate if you get pinged, or make some bullshit excuse. People are though.

I've read about people getting pinged, then uninstalling the app so that they don't have to isolate, lol.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

14 minutes ago, madras said:

And the lies...... don't forget the lies that have killed people and damaged the economy.

Sure, if you keep contradicting yourself, i'd call that lying aswell.

I don't trust a word the government says personally, or Whitty and co.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Sure, if you keep contradicting yourself, i'd call that lying aswell.

I don't trust a word the government says personally, or Whitty and co.

Whitty is like that US woman when Trump went off about bleach or something, 'he's talking shite but if I can use this platform to push out a less bullshit message.......while keeping my massive salary"

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Whitty is like that US woman when Trump went off about bleach or something, 'he's talking shite but if I can use this platform to push out a less bullshit message.......while keeping my massive salary"

Whole thing stinks for me.

At the start, i kinda went along with it, i stayed at home, wore a mask, went along with the rules.

I'm not a dickhead like certain people in here want to make me out to be, but crack on with it if yous want.

I'm just not comfortable with any of it.

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

If you download the app you are serious about the rona, fair enough, don't then complain about having to isolate if you get pinged, or make some bullshit excuse. People are though.

I've read about people getting pinged, then uninstalling the app so that they don't have to isolate, lol.

My mates boss told her to do this and come in the next day to work after she'd been a close contact with multiple people with covid. She didn't but the place ended up being closed after an outbreak amongst staff a few days later anyway. 

Have to admit that as the pandemic has gone on my respect for the scientists have gone down quite a bit. 

I get that their bosses are twats who disregard what they say but at the beginning of the pandemic I got the impression they were at least speaking freely (even if proving to be hilariously wrong about certain things) but as the pandemic has gone on they've felt more and more like government mouthpieces. 

Delta not being a variant of concern in may when we did the main unlock springs to mind. And trying to justify removing the requirement of masks. 

Initially with the Cummings debacle they refused to appear in the briefings knowing they couldn't possibly defend it. Can't help but think they should have done similar recently. By appearing in the briefings they've given a legitimacy to mental policies such as no longer having to wear masks in shops. 

Rock and hard place sure. But still. 

The thing with isolating, it’s not always down to a ping by the app, we’ve had to self isolate numerous times because the boys’ school have had Covid cases, or my wife’s work. 

9 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Whole thing stinks for me.

At the start, i kinda went along with it, i stayed at home, wore a mask, went along with the rules.

I'm not a dickhead like certain people in here want to make me out to be, but crack on with it if yous want.

I'm just not comfortable with any of it.

If you understand how it spreads you can work with the rules. Did I go out for 1 bout of exercise ? No I went out when I wanted but did socially distance, often dog walking with others but keeping distance. I didn't think the rules at work (key worker) were strict enough re mess rooms so I didn't use them. I know why surgeons wear masks so I can understand why we should in certain places.

Edited by madras

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

The thing with isolating, it’s not always down to a ping by the app, we’ve had to self isolate numerous times because the boys’ school have had Covid cases, or my wife’s work. 

They're not enforced, only recommendations. It's only enforced when it comes from T&T.

1 hour ago, madras said:

If you understand how it spreads you can work with the rules. Did I go out for 1 bout of exercise ? No I went out when I wanted but did socially distance, often dog walking with others but keeping distance. I didn't think the rules at work (key worker) were strict enough re mess rooms so I didn't use them. I know why surgeons wear masks so I can understand why we should in certain places.

The "rules" have been stupid, you had to wear a mask when walking around a pub, but not when at a table, because like, it doesn't spread at a table but it does around tables, just ridiculous stuff.

Like i say, i had been going along with it, i wasn't going around licking door handles.

It's the constant contradictions, mixed messaging and stupid guidance that has made alot of people sceptical now, if they weren't already.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

24 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The "rules" have been stupid, you had to wear a mask when walking around a pub, but not when at a table, because like, it doesn't spread at a table but it does around tables, just ridiculous stuff.

Like i say, i had been going along with it, i wasn't going around licking door handles.

It's the constant contradictions, mixed messaging and stupid guidance that has made alot of people sceptical now, if they weren't already.

That's when you use your own rules, if you think it's daft don't go in the pub, don't say the rules are stupid so let's party like nowts the matter

It’s a fair point about contradictions/mixed messages/stupid guidance though. So many people actually don’t know some of the rules at any given time and I think you can’t just expect the whole population to be aware of them without clear and logical messaging from the top. Can have severe negative impacts, whether that’s health or otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, madras said:

That's when you use your own rules, if you think it's daft don't go in the pub, don't say the rules are stupid so let's party like nowts the matter

:dowie: i can think it's daft and still go in a pub.

Anyway, nee restrictions now.

I was in a pub last night, i'd say about 90% didn't use a mask.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

6 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

:dowie: i can think it's daft and still go in a pub.

Anyway, nee restrictions now.

I was in a pub last night, i'd say about 90% didn't use a mask.

If you think the rule is daft and therefore dangerous I wouldn't go in.

53 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Please sir, think for a second. It feels like you just type stuff without actually thinking at times. While I don't think it was/is an effective strategy, this ''doesn't it spread at a table?''-comment is just ridiculous. When you are sitting at a table you are most probably sitting with people within your group of friends/network, this makes it easier to trace the infection in case your group gets infected. If you are walking in a restaurant and spread it to someone you don't know at all it will be more difficult to track and trace where the infection came from and there's an increased (albeit probably small, haven't read any studies on this) risk of starting several chains of infections. That's also why there are distancing rules on tables etc.