1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Tesco Kingston Park this morning was like a mask-free zone.

Was it? It's been sound in the week. Weekend day trippers to the K-Park letting us down.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Wouldn't read too much into that.  I think the infections are still happening, but no-one's bothering with testing anymore.

Because of schools going out for summer?

I guess if people aren't getting tested though then clearly they're not that ill, and the increased testing was picking up no end of asymptomatic cases etc because people were going because they had to etc, rather than 50,000 people getting tested because they felt like shit, not ideal obviously, especially if said people are still going about their lives and possibly transmitting, but again with the level of vaccination etc, then all being well hospitalisation and deaths shouldn't go too mental.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Wouldn't read too much into that.  I think the infections are still happening, but no-one's bothering with testing anymore.

Tests aren't down enough on last week to account for the massive fall though. 

Didn't delta show as rapid a decrease in case numbers as it did a rise? Could this be the way it runs through a population? 

Or more likely last week was a spike with the football and we are seeing that flatten out along with schools being off and cases will rise again shortly

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I have wondered recently what the government would do/say if people just decided to stop getting tested. If positive tests just plummeted to something like 100 a day. Would the government be stupid enough to say, "Pandemic over. We won."

nintchdbpict000243184126-e1465513874995.

What the fuck is that man?

Her first but every fucker there should be hoyed in the sea with immediate effect, we're all fucked aren't we.:(

17 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Tests aren't down enough on last week to account for the massive fall though. 

Didn't delta show as rapid a decrease in case numbers as it did a rise? Could this be the way it runs through a population? 

Or more likely last week was a spike with the football and we are seeing that flatten out along with schools being off and cases will rise again shortly

It's more complex that just looking at the raw numbers.  Compare the last two Thursdays and cases drop by 19%, while tests drop by 15%.  But not all tests are equal, and some are more likely to be positive than others.  What explains the drop in tests?  Only explanation I can come up with is people don't want to have to isolate after "freedom day", so don't risk getting tested.  If a certain demographic are the ones not bothering with tests, and that same demographic is also the one spreading the disease, it'll look like positives are going down faster than tests.  Meanwhile, all the routine testing at care homes, etc, is carrying on as normal.

It's also a regional thing.  We've been receiving 25-30% fewer tests than forecasted all week, and we're also the country's hotspot.

24 minutes ago, Troll said:

It's more complex that just looking at the raw numbers.  Compare the last two Thursdays and cases drop by 19%, while tests drop by 15%.  But not all tests are equal, and some are more likely to be positive than others.  What explains the drop in tests?  Only explanation I can come up with is people don't want to have to isolate after "freedom day", so don't risk getting tested.  If a certain demographic are the ones not bothering with tests, and that same demographic is also the one spreading the disease, it'll look like positives are going down faster than tests.  Meanwhile, all the routine testing at care homes, etc, is carrying on as normal.

It's also a regional thing.  We've been receiving 25-30% fewer tests than forecasted all week, and we're also the country's hotspot.

Absolutely no doubt people are not taking tests to avoid plans being disrupted, also no school testing will play a big part no doubt. 

Is there a possibility that Delta has a different curve to other varients? India definitely shows a rapid fall off, Scotland saw a fall in numbers a lot more quickly than expected and Wales is dropping like a stone over the past week. 

Totally get that it's too soon to know, and we are quite likely to see another increase once this week works its way into the system, but is it possible for a virus varient to have such a drastic change in curve? And excuse the poor terminology in using curve, I know it's not right but you get the point