Surely there must be at least a few people in that crowd who turn up because they don't like lockdowns or whatever, see some woman get up on the stage and start banging on about how the vaccines are Satanic and that the patent number proves it, and come away maybe thinking "No, actually these people are fucking mental"?

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Next time someone should set up some Free Wifi and see if they read all the Ts&Cs before they agree to a full dump of all their device data being made public.

24 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Surely there must be at least a few people in that crowd who turn up because they don't like lockdowns or whatever, see some woman get up on the stage and start banging on about how the vaccines are Satanic and that the patent number proves it, and come away maybe thinking "No, actually these people are fucking mental"?

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Problem is its scattergun approach there will be someone along to be blame the gays, Jews, shapeshifting lizards and chemicals in the water making us compliant.

You can pick the bit of crazy you like.

Edited by Si

37 minutes ago, Si said:

Problem is its scattergun approach there will be someone along to be blame the gays, Jews, shapeshifting lizards and chemicals in the water making us compliant.

You can pick the bit of crazy you like.

They happily believe entirely conflicting ideas as well.  ie Covid is nothing, it's just the flu, and it's not dangerous. But also it's a bioweapon made by Bill Gates and Fauci in a lab and they shou;d be executed for killing millions of people with it.

20 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

They happily believe entirely conflicting ideas as well.  ie Covid is nothing, it's just the flu, and it's not dangerous. But also it's a bioweapon made by Bill Gates and Fauci in a lab and they shou;d be executed for killing millions of people with it.

The people who actually really believe this stuff are genuinely mentally ill.  When you step back and actually think about it and look at the situation it's quite concerning.

How long do people think the vaccine programme will continue to run for? Obviously booster shots are coming in the autumn but if the first doses continue to drop-off because people decide to not take them, you'd think the government would put an end date on the whole thing. Then we could start diverting our supplies to other countries.

My understanding was that it'll be running for years, I'd imagine we'll be getting annual jabs for a while yet, I think we've got orders in arriving until 2025 or so at the minute?