13 hours ago, Wullie said:

No vaccine in history has ever had long term side effects. It's a short term trigger of the immune system and that's it done, there's nothing left in the body. It's a "concern" that's not based in any sort of reality. You might as well fret about the long term side effects of a newly introduced flavour of Pringles.

Love this. May have to nick it and paste it to every cunt that bangs on about it on my Facebook feed. :lol:

Who would want to see Eric Clapton in concert anyway lol. Sounds like a 'well I quit anyway!!' type situation to me. The guy who had a literal meltdown when he saw Jimi  Hendrix play because a black guy was better at guitar than him. Pathetic.

42 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Who would want to see Eric Clapton in concert anyway lol. Sounds like a 'well I quit anyway!!' type situation to me. The guy who had a literal meltdown when he saw Jimi  Hendrix play because a black guy was better at guitar than him. Pathetic.

Not forgetting he famously wanted Asians 'sent back home' from the stage of the Albert Hall in the early 70s. A man who has made his living from mimicking the blues. A music that was originated by former slaves.

He has always been shit. I despise the grimacing cunt.

33 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

People who like his music, just a guess.

Really don’t get this vaccine thing. You’ve had others and you’re fine.

I hope vaccine passports are a thing. If I was a business owner I wouldn’t let anyone unvaccinated in, nor have unvaccinated staff as a duty of care to other customers and staff.

Not really any point in debating it any more, just going round in circles, everyone has their own stance on it.

If people think i'm killing grandma then that's up to them.

One question, were people really expecting a 100% takeup of the vaccine? Obviously that was never going to happen, so what % do people think is "safe". Bearing in mind the UK has one of the best take up rates aswell.

9 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Not really any point in debating it any more, just going round in circles, everyone has their own stance on it.

One question, were people really expecting a 100% takeup of the vaccine? Obviously that was never going to happen, so what % do people think is "safe". Bearing in mind the UK has one of the best take up rates aswell.

I think most knew we wouldn't have 100% uptake and the country is full of muppets. Just look at brexit. I'm shocked it's no lower and nearer the numbers who voted to leave. 

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I think most knew we wouldn't have 100% uptake and the country is full of muppets. Just look at brexit. I'm shocked it's no lower and nearer the numbers who voted to leave. 

But what % is enough, in your view.

I think it's 88% at the minute.

11 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

You’ve literally been told by a virologist on here plenty of times, what more do you want.

You don’t get the vaccine, suffer the consequences of increased morbidity, mortality and reduced travel.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

But what % is enough, in your view.

I think it's 88% at the minute.

100% is safe. Anything lower than that isn't as safe as 100%.  

15 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:
15 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The honest answer is i've never really thought about it much.

I haven't got a problem with vaccines, as long as it's always a choice to have them or not (without losing the right to go places) and that they haven't been rushed, and that long term side effects are known (impossible with covid vacc).

But for the 2 mentioned you dont have a choice. And is it your opinion then that the covid vaccine has been rushed? And finally, when the MMR vaccine was introduced in 88, for example, without known long term side effects, do you think they should have waited? If so, how long would you say is long enough for a vaccine to be around to know long term side effects? Is it even possible to ever know any long term side effects of any vaccine before you first start to administer it to a wider population? And if the answer is no, can we ever even vaccinate anyone for anything?

19 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

There is. In the US 97% of covid hospitalisations are unvaccinated. Stop putting the rest of us at risk with YouTube videos.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You could extend that to basically any medication. You can't know for certain the long term side effects of anything before you approve it for widespread use, and other medicines are infinitely more likely to have long term side effects than vaccines because you don't only take them once or twice but sometimes five times a day for decades.

The logic of the anti-vaxxers would happily have us still living with an infant mortality rate of 30% and using leeches because you just never know about the long term side effects of penicillin.

When I was in hospital as a kid having suffered serious burns, I refused morphine for the pain incase I become a smack head one day, years later I watched Trainspotting and thought, choose life or choose… 

Now I’m on 20 tabs a day easily, but I’ve never got Covid from a tab so…

(coughs)

Edited by HTT II