50 minutes ago, duo said:

In town- more people not wearing masks than are. Disappointed

It’s going to slowly go back to no mask, was in Blackpool back end of the weekend and there was almost no masks across the board even on the trams.

1 hour ago, duo said:

In town- more people not wearing masks than are. Disappointed

We were out shopping yesterday at an out of town centre and there was definitely a reduced number of mask wearers. I reckon only about a third of people are still wearing them in shops

36 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Was in Waitrose this morning (oh look at me, look at me, pathetic) and the majority of customers were wearing masks. 

And then they went to the pub and didn't wear masks.

It's a farce.

13 minutes ago, madras said:

And then they went to the pub and didn't wear masks.

It's a farce.

How is that a farce though. Surely it then protects people in the shop who don’t want to go to more non essential places -

Also some protection is better than none and overall will help the situation

Girlfriend felt a little under the weather for a few days. Did a test this morning and she has covid. She has been double jabbed. I feel okay but did a test. It came back negative. We live in a 1 bedroom flat so obviously all up in each other space all the time.

I have been double jabbed, is it harder for a double jabbed person to pass it on to another double jabbed person? 

28 minutes ago, tgarve said:

How is that a farce though. Surely it then protects people in the shop who don’t want to go to more non essential places -

Also some protection is better than none and overall will help the situation

You are advised to wear a mask in this social situation but not this one even if the closeness is the same.

They are going through the motions now of doing nowt while trying to make it seem as if they are doing something. They've come full circle as it's where they started in advising not to go to pubs but leaving them open.

On 06/08/2021 at 16:21, Wullie said:

The irony of countries that handled the start so well is that the population hasn't felt the urgency to get vaccinated in the way we have.

It’s two cities, money of which will be out of lockdown soon.  Sydney is unfortunately run by a Liberal (Tory) govt and have fucked it up and are responsible for the spread around other states. 

The low vaccination rate is due to the massively incompetent federal govt

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Girlfriend felt a little under the weather for a few days. Did a test this morning and she has covid. She has been double jabbed. I feel okay but did a test. It came back negative. We live in a 1 bedroom flat so obviously all up in each other space all the time.

I have been double jabbed, is it harder for a double jabbed person to pass it on to another double jabbed person? 

I think chances of passing it on are influenced by symptoms, if she’s not got a cough and doesn’t hockle all over the place then it’s less likely she’ll spread it. 

But if you’ve necked on with your lass recently then that might be a game changer. 

We’ve just spent 10 days at home with a symptomless covid kid and no one else in the family caught it, me and the missus are double vaxxed but our other kid had no protection. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Given your close living quarters, you'll probably catch COVID yourself but the effects won't be anywhere near as bad due to you being vaccinated. That's what I'm finding right now.

A positive result on your part may take a few days to appear due to the incubation period remember.

23 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I think chances of passing it on are influenced by symptoms, if she’s not got a cough and doesn’t hockle all over the place then it’s less likely she’ll spread it. 

But if you’ve necked on with your lass recently then that might be a game changer. 

We’ve just spent 10 days at home with a symptomless covid kid and no one else in the family caught it, me and the missus are double vaxxed but our other kid had no protection. 

Thanks mate. She doesn't have a cough, just a bit tired and weak. She is eating normal etc. Her sense of taste has gone, I still have mine. 

58 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Not doubting his story and I’m no doctor but 9% is surely a mistake. I don’t see how you’d be alive 

I have seen a pulse oximeter read 3%, and I have seen <10% on more than one patient over the last couple of weeks (The pulse oximeter is an indirect measurement of the oxygen in the blood - to get a direct measurement you need to take a sample). I’ve been told that once it goes below 30% or so it’s not really accurate - just that the patient is not perfusing properly to the extremity where the sensor is and is probably arresting/about to arrest.

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I have seen a pulse oximeter read 3%, and I have seen <10% on more than one patient over the last couple of weeks (The pulse oximeter is an indirect measurement of the oxygen in the blood - to get a direct measurement you need to take a sample). I’ve been told that once it goes below 30% or so it’s not really accurate - just that the patient is not perfusing properly to the extremity where the sensor is and is probably arresting/about to arrest.

Ah fair enough, just seems like if you hit 9 you’d barely be able to blink it’s such a lack of oxygen. I hadn’t realized you could go that low and not be dead 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Ah fair enough, just seems like if you hit 9 you’d barely be able to blink it’s such a lack of oxygen. I hadn’t realized you could go that low and not be dead 

If your blood oxygen is low then the body tries to ensure that it gets to the important parts (brain, heart etc). A pulse oximeter is usually on a finger or toe - not as important - and so they will lose perfusion first. Unless you find a way to get them more oxygen soon though (or correct whatever else is causing the problem) they will arrest.

A few people live their entire lives with a pulse ox reading in the lower 80s or even high 70s. I knew a person with unrepaired Tetralogy of Fallot (a set of congenital cardiac defects) who was about 40yrs old. She showed multiple symptoms of hypoxemia (clubbing of fingers and toes, underlying cyanosis - sort of blue-grey hue to her skin and lips) but was working as a teacher and living a somewhat normal life.

One concern with COVID is that apparently infected people can be pretty hypoxic without exhibiting many symptoms (shortness of breath etc). This might have been the case with the patient he references.