I dj'd in a club for the first time in 18 months on the 30th of July. 

Was a bit of a mad one & as I've got older I tend to feel rough for a good few days afterwards. 

Felt ropey AF all last week and then on Friday the promoter texts me and says he's tested positive for covid and one of the other djs had as well. 

I was at work at the time so I text my gf, told her the craic, she does a test and it's negative. 

I felt ok when I got home but then felt rotten on Saturday morning so I took a lateral flow test myself and it was positive. 

Done the proper test on Sunday and that came back positive too. 

Me and the gf don't live together but we spend 5 nights a week between my place and hers. 

We both have the track and trace app, Bluetooth constantly switched on, yet neither her or my daughter have been pinged. 

What's the point in that app if it's not doing what it's supposed to? 

22 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

I dj'd in a club for the first time in 18 months on the 30th of July. 

Was a bit of a mad one & as I've got older I tend to feel rough for a good few days afterwards. 

Felt ropey AF all last week and then on Friday the promoter texts me and says he's tested positive for covid and one of the other djs had as well. 

I was at work at the time so I text my gf, told her the craic, she does a test and it's negative. 

I felt ok when I got home but then felt rotten on Saturday morning so I took a lateral flow test myself and it was positive. 

Done the proper test on Sunday and that came back positive too. 

Me and the gf don't live together but we spend 5 nights a week between my place and hers. 

We both have the track and trace app, Bluetooth constantly switched on, yet neither her or my daughter have been pinged. 

What's the point in that app if it's not doing what it's supposed to? 

Vaccinated out of curiosity?

Ive had a cough for a couple of days now.

No other symptoms, no loss of taste or smell, no temperature, dont even feel ill but am producing a little bit of phlegm and have been using my inhalers slightly more than usual.

Is this something I should get tested for? Whats the current guidance?

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

No other symptoms, no loss of taste or smell, no temperature, dont even feel ill but am producing a little bit of phlegm and have been using my inhalers slightly more than usual.

I would definitely do a lateral flow test mate. 

I haven't lost sense of smell or taste. I've had an awful taste in my mouth for days now. 

8 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Why wouldn’t you do a test ? They’re widely available and it takes 2 mins to do one.

The new lateral flows we’ve had don’t even need to be poked on the throat, just a prod up each nostril and it’s done.

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Im happy to be tested - don't mind in the slightest.

Weve got a test at home, in a white box with Blue NHS writing on it. Is this the lateral flow or the PCR thing?

Lateral flow.

Have to go to a testing centre for a PCR as the swab gets sent to a lab 

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Lateral flow.

You can order home PCRs, we've got one round somewhere that we never ended up using.

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Lateral flow.

Ok will head to testing centre ASAP. Ive got to isolate too havnt I til i get the results?

Just been informed one of the suppliers I work with has gone bust and Ive been ringing all the customers Ive placed with them to inform them - I need to be at work - Fucks sake :(

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Ok will head to testing centre ASAP. Ive got to isolate too havnt I til i get the results?

Just been informed one of the suppliers I work with has gone bust and Ive been ringing all the customers Ive placed with them to inform them - I need to be at work - Fucks sake :(

No need to go to a testing centre or isolate if you’ve got a lateral flow you can do at home.

If the lateral flow is positive then you’ll need to do a PCR and isolate. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

9 hours ago, Conjo said:

Does anyone have any sources informing/discussing how we can avoid further variants developing in a fully vaccinated population? If the vaccines does not protect fully against getting infected, and does not protect you from transmitting it to others, then how do we know it won't run rampant in a fully vaccinated population where it could potentially form into a variant where the vaccines does not protect us as it does now? 

@Troll could probably answer this best.

30 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm currently positive for COVID and I don't have a dry cough or any other symptoms, just a phlegmy cough.

The PCR test picked up a positive whilst the lateral flows still read negative. A day later the lateral flows started to read positive.

17 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

How come you didn’t get the vaccine yet? Again, not picking just curious tis all. 

God's honest truth? I'm terrified to. 

I know 3 people of a similar age to myself who have all had strokes within a week of getting vacinated. Ones in a really bad way. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Lateral flow tests just go up the nose now?

Apparently, I just did one and was surprised I didn't have to test my gag reflex.