Correct me if I'm wrong @Disco but he was last banned in around December '19 for just constant goading, non-contributive shite patter in every NUFC match thread with celebrating opposition goals and winding people up who want to watch the game? This is probably a discussion for the football board but his last post before the forum migration was that exact thing in December 2019.

Anyway, the government can't even mend potholes in a road nevermind lie to the populace during a vaccination rollout in the midst of a global pandemic. To be uncertain to get an injection that can save lives is just completely baffling and utterly fucking moronic to me. That there's people who won't get vaccinated is borderline frightening. But hey ho, the Internet age has fucked us all. 

Yeah that’s a massive point about the NHS being put under stress. We’re now in the middle of a decision that will either pay off or backfire massively I guess.

I fly back to the UAE on Friday, where restrictions have actually regressed.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong @Disco but he was last banned in around December '19 for just constant goading, non-contributive shite patter in every NUFC match thread with celebrating opposition goals and winding people up who want to watch the game? This is probably a discussion for the football board but his last post before the forum migration was that exact thing in December 2019.

Anyway, the government can't even mend potholes in a road nevermind lie to the populace during a vaccination rollout in the midst of a global pandemic. To be uncertain to get an injection that can save lives is just completely baffling and utterly fucking moronic to me. That there's people who won't get vaccinated is borderline frightening. But hey ho, the Internet age has fucked us all. 

Sounds about right, aye. He's been given ample opportunity. We move on.

35 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

was he banned for the covid stuff? :lol:

don't really care but seems harsh to me, unless i missed it he wasn't actively trying to convert people he was just putting his (imo shitty) opinions across

Well he never could argue his opinions, he just put them across and never answered any questions that was put to him. He was just a WUM in here. 

51 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Pretty sure the internet is older than you.

26 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Pretty sure the internet is older than you.

So are a few posters on here. Doesn't mean I can't be aware they're unmitigated weapons. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

So are a few posters on here. Doesn't mean I can't be aware they're unmitigated weapons. 

Just sounds weird somebody who has existed solely in the internet age saying that is has destroyed things. What things has in destroyed, in your opinion?

39 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Just sounds weird somebody who has existed solely in the internet age saying that is has destroyed things. What things has in destroyed, in your opinion?

It's created conspiracy theorists; nonsensical bollocks driven and spread on and by the internet; skepticism about vaccines being the most prominent one and relevant one to this topic. Likewise with politics, the whole Trump election saga, bots being used in Western nations' elections. Sick and twisted parts of the internet used for human or other kinds of exploitation, I could go on.

No doubt the internet has brought some brilliant things, but it's also brought some rancid parts now embedded into modern society. Some of these parts obviously existed before the internet but its accelerated ease of access and communication to the nth degree.

It's part of my history dissertation this upcoming year. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's created conspiracy theorists; nonsensical bollocks driven and spread on and by the internet; skepticism about vaccines being the most prominent one and relevant one to this topic. Likewise with politics, the whole Trump election saga, bots being used in Western nations' elections. Sick and twisted parts of the internet used for human or other kinds of exploitation, I could go on.

No doubt the internet has brought some brilliant things, but it's also brought some rancid parts now embedded into modern society. Some of these parts obviously existed before the internet but its accelerated ease of access and communication to the nth degree.

I mean, I guess it's history. You could reference the printing press.

56 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Radio coincided with the rise of fascism in the early 20th century, which they took great advantage of. No doubt the internet is a massive force multiplier, but things like the Social Dilemma are a bit myopic. But I get what you're saying. 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

25 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

The point is just to look after yourself now, stop worrying about anyone else. Can't really blame people when you get the messaging from government that we do. 

Aye that’s the stance I take, we will continue to wear masks, myself, my wife and the boys, try and stick to social distancing as best as we can, use any available hand sanitizer stations at all times, carry our own, and just generally try and stay as safe as we can to protect ourselves and others. I’m fine with people not wearing masks, I just hope others will be fine that we will still wear masks and if not, well, tough, because as long as Covid is around, we are gonna try and still protect ourselves as best as we can.

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye that’s the stance I take, we will continue to wear masks, myself, my wife and the boys, try and stick to social distancing as best as we can, use any available hand sanitizer stations at all times, carry our own, and just generally try and stay as safe as we can to protect ourselves and others. I’m fine with people not wearing masks, I just hope others will be fine that we will still wear masks and if not, well, tough, because as long as Covid is around, we are gonna try and still protect ourselves as best as we can.

I can see what you're saying, but this should never be the case. Yes, doing the right thing ourselves should not absolve those who won't.

Those who don't wear masks show their ignorance - whether wilful or misguided - and I'm not alright with that.

Went into Travis Perkins the other day, and they have an official company poster up that states 'We respect your choice' indicating that they don't care whether you spread a deadly virus or not, as long as you feel you've been given a choice, which is, frankly, insanity.

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Currently stood in a motorway services. Out of 25 people in view a grand total of 4 are wearing masks. What's the point now?

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought face masks are no longer mandatory in England?

There's an argument that if Covid is now accepted as becoming endemic, and we're all going to get it multiple times, then spread restricting NPIs are basically pointless at this point. Hence the dropping of mask mandates to essentially an optional choice of personal comfort/confidence. 

54 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I can see what you're saying, but this should never be the case. Yes, doing the right thing ourselves should not absolve those who won't.

Those who don't wear masks show their ignorance - whether wilful or misguided - and I'm not alright with that.

Went into Travis Perkins the other day, and they have an official company poster up that states 'We respect your choice' indicating that they don't care whether you spread a deadly virus or not, as long as you feel you've been given a choice, which is, frankly, insanity.

I agree, but they are not compulsory or mandatory now, and tbh, never have been. As @BlufPurdisaid it’s about one’s own personal responsibility to their own safety now sadly, that’s now my go to stance and will be like that, well, probably forever until the virus goes away which I don’t think it will do. 

Edited by HTT II

In fairness, I've taken this approach for my sanity. I still fall into that "ugh, that cunt and its family with no masks at all" in my head. :lol:

But I force myself to shut it the fuck up. I double mask now, and that's all I can do. I also know, 20 year old me would have been a non-masker and just have to accept these people exist, some will grow out of it, others into it. They exist, that's that. Moaning about it won't change a bloody thing. In fact, get off the high horse and try and engage with some of these people. And don't condescend either, fucking try and relate, change some minds, instead of being as pig-headed as antivaxxers/maskers and just making the situation worse with your sense of superiority. Did we learn nothing, at all, from the Remain campaign. 

EDIT: It's not easy, I still react defensively and negatively, but if we can't relate to people that we once in our lives might have agreed with, cause we all believe wacky shit from time to time, then there's no hope. It's also a wilful refusal to even relate to your younger self. 

After a long weekend around Windermere there was at least a 70% mask wearing population in indoor areas.

One thing that was nice though was having a pub tea (Wateredge In in Ambleside, very nice), looking out on the beer garden with around 40-50 tables and not a mask in sight. All very well spaced out and of course outdoors but it just looked 'normal'.

Whats the medium and long term outlook for this covid shit now? For the sake of this post let's presume there is NOT a new variant.

We stuck with it? Will the virus weaken as more of the world is vaccinated?

Is it inevitable that the whole population will catch it at some point over the next few years?

What does it mean for global movement/Travel etc? 2 jabs and we go back to the way it was before?

7 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Currently stood in a motorway services. Out of 25 people in view a grand total of 4 are wearing masks. What's the point now?

Do you not just think that it’s because people aren’t carrying them as much now either?! Since the restrictions have ended I often find myself without one because there’s no that ‘must have it’ attitude anymore. Nothing to do with not wanting to wear it but even when they were mandatory I used to forget mine all the time

snd have to go back to the car/home to pick it up. 

sure that’s not the case for eveyone but if it’s not mandatory then people aren’t going to be wearing them as often, pretty straightforward really.