2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just a little personal update from me. It's now 17 days since I got my first symptoms. Still got a bit of a cough and really tired all the time, get a bit of a head fog every now and again. Lost my smell and taste at day 11. 

Wife is at day 10, she lost her smell and taste almost immediately. The taste is a strange thing; tea tastes like hot watery milk for example. Some sweet foods are ok but most foods are really bland.

On a positive note, I'm 16 days without a beer and I'm not craving one :lol:

Hope you's recover from it soon.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

ONS report about deaths from COVID since 2nd Jan to 2nd July this year:

All deaths regardless of vaccination status: 51,281

Unvaccinated 38,964

Deaths within 21 days of first dose 4,388

Deaths 21 days or more after first dose 7,289

Deaths within 21 days of second dose 182

Deaths 21 days or more after second dose 458

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

ONS report about deaths from COVID since 2nd Jan this year:

All deaths regardless of vaccination status: 51,281

Unvaccinated 38,964

Deaths within 21 days of first dose 4,388

Deaths 21 days or more after first dose 7,289

Deaths within 21 days of second dose 182

Deaths 21 days or more after second dose 458

So out of all deaths, 0.9% were fully vaccinated. Wow. I think that's even better than I would have expected.

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

So out of all deaths, 0.9% were fully vaccinated. Wow. I think that's even better than I would have expected.

I’d suspect that the 0.9% were probably people who were already very frail.

Even a mild set of covid symptoms could be dangerous for someone who’s very elderly or terminally ill. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’d suspect that that the 0.9% were probably people who were already very frail.

Even a mild set of covid symptoms could be dangerous for someone who’s very elderly or terminally ill. 

From BBC:

Out of the tens of thousands of Covid deaths recorded in England in the first half of the year, 256 were in fully vaccinated people, according to the ONS.

These “breakthrough” deaths are in people who have had two jabs and first tested positive more than two weeks after their second dose.

These rare deaths mainly took place in people over the age of 84 and were seen slightly more often in men (61%) than women (39%).

They were more likely to happen for people who were immunocompromised - 13% compared with about 5% of Covid deaths in people who were unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated.

The figures cover the period between 2 January and 2 July, when there were a total of 51,281 deaths involving Covid recorded in England.

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

From BBC:

Out of the tens of thousands of Covid deaths recorded in England in the first half of the year, 256 were in fully vaccinated people, according to the ONS.

These “breakthrough” deaths are in people who have had two jabs and first tested positive more than two weeks after their second dose.

These rare deaths mainly took place in people over the age of 84 and were seen slightly more often in men (61%) than women (39%).

They were more likely to happen for people who were immunocompromised - 13% compared with about 5% of Covid deaths in people who were unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated.

The figures cover the period between 2 January and 2 July, when there were a total of 51,281 deaths involving Covid recorded in England.

Anyone know what the difference is between the deaths in that 256 figure and the ones in the 458 figure that appears in the data? ??? As that 256 suggests the vaccine effect is even better (0.5% of all deaths).

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Anyone know what the difference is between the deaths in that 256 figure and the ones in the 458 figure that appears in the data? ??? As that 256 suggests the vaccine effect is even better (0.5% of all deaths).

Apparently its this:
"Breakthrough cases" are where infection has occurred in someone who is fully vaccinated, whereas we define a "breakthrough death" as a death involving COVID-19 that occurred in someone who had received both vaccine doses and had a first positive PCR test at least 14 days after the second vaccination dose; in total, there were 256 breakthrough deaths between 2 January and 2 July 2021

So the remaining 202 deaths, i'm guessing came from people who tested positive before that 14 day period.

3 hours ago, neesy111 said:

This is where we need local authorities doing assessments on ventilation of places.  If there's proper ventilation then it really should be a personal choice.

Why? It's a bit of cloth over your face. Just wear it and get on with it. It's not stopping you from doing anything. 

Edited by Adam
spelling

I’ve noticed a pivot from the like anti vacc, plandemic types into some sort of “there is going to be no cash in society soon!”.  I think now everyone isn’t dead from the vaccine/passports are binned 

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

This thread is mental

Apart from all the other problems with the costly healthcare system (or lack thereof) in the US is I think the involvement of money really poisons the relationship between patient and doctor - it introduces an extra layer of distrust of medical professionals - "is this what's best for me, or are they trying to fleece me?" - that can lead people down v dodgy routes.

5 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Apart from all the other problems with the costly healthcare system (or lack thereof) in the US is I think the involvement of money really poisons the relationship between patient and doctor - it introduces an extra layer of distrust of medical professionals - "is this what's best for me, or are they trying to fleece me?" - that can lead people down v dodgy routes.

Trump (not kool) and the gang pushed similar to this last year IIRC, espousing medics were diagnosing Covid to get $$$ from federal handouts. So fucking grim. 

Got stuck on the central motorway in rush hour traffic and saw there's a load of antivax/anti Covid signs. Fucks sake.

"A real pandemic doesn't need an advertising campaign" 

:lol: I think you'll find thats exactly what it fucking needs or is a 'real' pandemic only when we are piling the bodies up in the street?