Stephen Barclay was interviewed on The Today prog yesterday about the all party report into the handling of the pandemic which was pretty damning in the handling of everything till Vaccines, put criticism down to hindsight, the interviewer got rather exasperated at the outright denials using hindsight and "learn lessons" line of defence. The sort of scumbag who'd eat Steak Tartare while telling you about his vegetarianism.

FWIW the escientists are getting the blame.

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

When will the pain end? 4 horrendous days in a row. Not left my flat in 5 days. Basically bedridden.

Do you need any medical help, have you had any? Dunno what the deal is with covid, how you get checked out etc. 

51 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do you need any medical help, have you had any? Dunno what the deal is with covid, how you get checked out etc. 

I can still breathe just everything else is fucked. Just got my PCR test delivered, getting my girlfriend to send it off when she gets back from work. 

I tested positive for this fucking thing on Tuesday after I had a weekend of regular headaches. Tuesday wasn't too bad...bunged up and head sort of buzzing. But fucking hell, yesterday was grim. Constant headache that wouldn't shift, sinuses blocked, ears ringing, an intermittent cough that instantly made feel weirdly nauseous, stomach pains and just a general feeling of being completely shattered and run down. I'm almost impressed how quickly it took hold of my body overnight. Thought I had got away with the no smell thing but nope, today that has gone too. I will cry if taste goes next as I am a complete food monster.

"A private company that was first established in May 2020 and later handed a £120 million contract by the government to provide testing services for the UK."

Be some journos doing some furious digging around now I would imagine! 

23 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

"A private company that was first established in May 2020 and later handed a £120 million contract by the government to provide testing services for the UK."

Nah, they are more concerned about some football fans happily accepting Saudi blood money… 

35 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Some journos have been digging this stuff up for months. Not enough people give a shit.

That's generally illegal under normal government procurement I think, because the contract you're applying for can't make up over a certain percentage of your existing turnover. That's to stop overnight setups of companies to grab public money, I guess. I've thought about bidding for digital contracts but generally been stopped by that. 

But obvs they rushed everything through on the nod because of the covid opportunity. 

Feeling better. Still have a cough and certainly not 100% but I can work today. Got my Covid PCR test result back yesterday and it was negative so it's been a tasty cold. Honestly I hope none of you get it, was a brutal 5 days.

8 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Feeling better. Still have a cough and certainly not 100% but I can work today. Got my Covid PCR test result back yesterday and it was negative so it's been a tasty cold. Honestly I hope none of you get it, was a brutal 5 days.

Good to hear you're feeling better.

A couple of friends have had similar.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m down with this cold too. Fucking hell. Doesn’t even seem to be letting up. 

I've been fucked by a cold for almost a week. Worst one I've ever had.

Get well soon lads.

13 minutes ago, Sima said:

Anyone else with this cold have blocked ears?  Mine have been done for days now.

Yup. I'm coming out of this cold now after nearly 10 days of it. Pain has largely gone, I can actually sleep without waking up in a sweaty coughing fit, and energy is back... but the sinuses are still blocked up.

59 minutes ago, Sima said:

Anyone else with this cold have blocked ears?  Mine have been done for days now.

Aye my left ear was fucked. Felt like it was full of water all the time and could hear heartbeat super loud at times. Feel better now but it was weird AF.

I think I had this in August, maybe it’s different but it was the worst cold I’ve had. Not comparable to the flu but still awful, had a sinus infection for two weeks which eventually cleared

15 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Aye, I've had this too past week! Ended up with tonsillitis too from it, I think.

Just started a job as a shelf-stacker at a discount supermarket here in the Lakes.

I wear glasses, and obviously when wearing a mask they steam up.

My job involves me reading shelf prices and boxes in the cages, so I could wear a mask and not be able to do the job, or wear my glasses and be able to do it.

So for the past week, I've been working in a busy store with no mask, mixing with 20 young co-workers in our briefing room with no windows.

I'm praying the vaccinations are working, and that my immune system can take a hit, otherwise...