COVID-19

If it's gonna be down to bus drivers, train guards and shop staff, it won't happen.

Why should they risk being attacked by someone for asking them to demonstrate some empathy with their fellow travellers/customers?

The only way of enforcing it would be to introduce hefty fines for those who refuse after being asked, after all we have CCTV on most transport and in shops now.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

When does the PCR test after arriving in the UK come into force? Immediately?

Can't see it being immediate as on now, it needs to be linked to boarding card so they'll need to reenable the systems and also for people to order them.

I need to know as I go away on Thursday and come back on Sunday.

Edited by neesy111

10 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Power of Facebook…..

why is the PCR on day 2, you could be spreading it in those 2 days and you don’t need to isolate until the test is taken.

we’re fucked 

It must done be by day 2, you can take it as soon as you get off the plane if you wanted, and you must isolate from when you get off the plane until your test result 

Edited by nufcnick

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

It must be by day 2, you can take it as soon as you get off the plane if you wanted, and you must isolate from when you get of the plane until your test result 

Well you do need to get to your home/accommodation first.

Edited by neesy111

On 26/11/2021 at 12:59, the fella said:

I completely get your point but where do we draw the line? We have two patients in hospital ill with covid both need an ICU bed but there is only one.

Patient 1. Fully vaccinated. BMI of 35, unfit, smoker and alcoholic. All self inflicted and always at the GP or in hospital.

Patent 2. Unvaccinated. Vegan, tee total, non smoker, does triathlons, never used the NHS for 15 years. 

Who gets the bed!

We could have a health system based on healthcare that sought to overcome such instances.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Can't see it being immediate as on now, it needs to be linked to boarding card so they'll need to reenable the systems and also for people to order them.

I need to know as I go away on Thursday and come back on Sunday.

This is an answer I need also. Returning to the UK tomorrow

1 hour ago, Adam said:

The whole "wearing a mask is a personal choice" thing is so fucking tedious. Its only in retail and transport, you can still go to the pub without a mask. 

That's because it's a well known fact that covid cannot cross the front door of a pub. The same that vampires cannot enter your home uninvited.

But its obvious from the govts detailed analysis that covid is rife on the metro. So masks must be worn there. I'm sure they know what they're doing......and following the science and all that shite.

37 minutes ago, the fella said:

That's because it's a well known fact that covid cannot cross the front door of a pub. The same that vampires cannot enter your home uninvited.

But its obvious from the govts detailed analysis that covid is rife on the metro. So masks must be worn there. I'm sure they know what they're doing......and following the science and all that shite.

They should mandate masks everywhere but they wont. So transport and shops is the next best things. You have the choice to go to the pub or out for a meal, you can't avoid going to the shops.