COVID-19

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Seeing some pretty disastrous figures coming out here in NL this morning. Apparently the death toll amongst vaccinated over 80's in care homes is back to pre-vaccination levels, around the 22% mark. This suggests that amongst this group at least, the first to be vaccinated over here, protection against serious illness and death deteriorates much faster than anticipated.

Y’all started boosters?

2 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

I'm booked for next Sunday. Had bad reactions to the first and second so not particularly looking forward to it.

I was fine after my first and second, but the booster laid me out for a day. Most everyone else I know who got boosted had no side effects at all. :dontknow:

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I’m gonna politely declined mine…

I thought about that with my 2nd after getting so I'll off the 1st. Now Ive officially had covid I can say the 1st jab was way worse than the actual thing. I'll take the booster and complete the transition to lizard folk or be protected over Xmas...not sure which it'll do.

52 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I thought about that with my 2nd after getting so I'll off the 1st. Now Ive officially had covid I can say the 1st jab was way worse than the actual thing. I'll take the booster and complete the transition to lizard folk or be protected over Xmas...not sure which it'll do.

Oh aye, Covid is way worse than any jab, it’s wiped me out!

25 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Because I had a really bad reaction with my first two jabs and since then I’ve had some heart complications, hopefully nothing jab related but I’ll see what the cardiologist says.

Sensible to check first, but don't rule it out mate.

2 hours ago, danny said:

Here in hampshire they are open already and have been for a couple of months, full of afgans and they are filthy people wont clean up after themselfs or do anything for themselfs dont wash fagbutts all over the place even tho they have ashtrays and bins right next to them

The wife (or any femail) isnt allowd to go anywhere in the hotel alone

But will say the amount of food they are given is criminal

I'm guessing these are the asylum seekers coming over from France. I wondered what they did regarding quarantine as I bet they didnt have to do all the covid form compilations and QR checks that I did for trip to Canaries last week! Now I know where they go, always wondered. 

36 minutes ago, Si said:

Sensible to check first, but don't rule it out mate.

I won’t rule it out, but I won’t lie I’m reluctant to go through that again and again since I’ve had my two jabs I’ve never felt as shitty in life as of now, hopefully the cardiologist will have some answers for me.

19 minutes ago, the fella said:

I'm guessing these are the asylum seekers coming over from France. I wondered what they did regarding quarantine as I bet they didnt have to do all the covid form compilations and QR checks that I did for trip to Canaries last week! Now I know where they go, always wondered. 

They were dying crossing the channel during quarantine…

3 hours ago, Ed210 said:

I’m meant to be going to Norway in February I really can’t see it happening now with all this new panic. My flights have already been changed 4 times, I assume because they simply aren’t getting enough bookings to run the normal schedule. Next time they get changed I think that will be my excuse to cancel and get my money back. I can’t be bothered with the hassle and uncertainty any more.

anyway I think my smell and taste are almost back after my covid however I think it’s done something strange to my brain, I keep losing my train of thought, even forgetting what I am going to say next mid conversation 

I'm very similar. My mind trails off mid sentence, forget words and names etc all of the time.

On top of that, and certainly more worrying, is that I've got a numbness around my right temple and over my eye and above my right cheekbone. It feels like I've been injected with some form of numbing product as you are when you get jabbed at the Dentists, except this isn't in my mouth. I've also got like a pressure in my head.

I've had this for the 6 weeks since covid and cannot shake it. It doesn't change with or without medication (ibuprofen, paracetamol etc). It's nothing like a typical headache.

It feels like some form of inflammation so I'd hoped the ibuprofen would work but it doesn't at all.

Covid is fucking shit.

I'm entitled to my booster but read that the UK suggests 28 days post covid for it yet the US recommends 90 days post covid before the booster shot, so I'm thinking I might wait until January but I'm not getting it whilst my head feels like this. Not without a Dr's opinion anyway.

I'm pro-vaccine and have been all along but I am worried about taking the booster whilst my head isn't right.

Got selected to do one of them React Study/ IPSOS MORI random population COVID tests (among other things apparently?) to see how prevalent it is in the general population, and god damn are them tests 10x worse then the standard lateral flows, had tears running down my face, was awful. 

52 minutes ago, the fella said:

As far as i know its the guys from afghanistan, the ones that helped the army. but could be wrong. Theres a blanket of silence where they are concerned, even had screens up when they arrived

They shut the hotel for 5 months on the promise of a gov funded refurb in feb

Been trying to get a Booster for 6 weeks, every time I go onto the NHS service, the locations that are offering the Booster gets further and further away.

Today it was suggesting Ulverston - 28 miles away. Gave it an hour or two and I've gone back online this afternoon, now I only have to travel 5 miles.

Anyway, booked.

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

Surely your covid was mild, due in part to having the vaccine in the first place? 

Also if you've recently had covid there is no need to get a booster as your body has the antibodies and memory cells from the recent infection. 

I'm beginning to think its morally wrong to jab fit and healthy young people and teenagers in the uk with a THIRD jab in some cases, when the vulnerable of Africa and other continents haven't even had a single dose. Some much for building back better and taking a more worldwide outlook on the pandemic. 

5 minutes ago, the fella said:

I'm beginning to think its morally wrong to jab fit and healthy young people and teenagers in the uk with a THIRD jab in some cases, when the vulnerable of Africa and other continents haven't even had a single dose. Some much for building back better and taking a more worldwide outlook on the pandemic. 

I see that the 'pop singer' Kunt, is releasing another Christmas single - hot on the heels of last year's top five hit 'Boris Johnson is a Fucking Cunt' - his new one is catchily named 'Boris Johnson is still a Fucking Cunt'.

Aah, the real meaning of Christmas.