Mass Effect - new game announced

Decky

So it will take place after ME3. How will they explain any events taking place afterwards?

Will they pick the world-state that was picked the most and ignore the others? Will they hand-wave Shepard coming back out of the blue?

they'll have to pick one its too big a divergence between them and based off the wrecked mass relay Destroy is the probable one as the reapers just repair them in the other two. Though the teaser is clever enough picking liara as the character in question as shes young by Asari standards so that teaser could be any number of centuries after ME3.

How fucking good was ME2 though? Playing through that final mission with some of squad dying was one of the best gaming moments I've had. Those deaths fucking mattered, I actually cared about those characters, which is an incredibly rare thing for me to do in a video game.

one the one hand ME2 doesn't have much of a story itself relying on the characters own stories, one the other the suicide mission is just so damn good and rewards you for having done the preparatory work and knowing what each squad member is good at so you can pick the right people for each mission

• 1 year later...

The BioWare store listed and quickly deleted a product description that implies original Mass Effect protagonist Commander Shepard is returning in the next game.

As reported by Video Games Chronicle, YouTube user MrHulthen noticed a plot synopsis in the description of a Mass Effect 5 poster, which indicates that Shepard would return.

Though it was quickly removed, the description originally read: "The show goes on. Shepard's final quest may have ended the threat of the Reapers but at great cost including Earth itself. While Shepard and the survivors are left to pick up the pieces, fans are left wondering what's next."

• 5 months later...

Someone decoded the audio on this, and it's the voice of Liara saying

"Exactly. The Council will be furious. Although, they should know by now not to underestimate human defiance."

[scrambled?]I see it. How did we miss this?"

With Geth noises in the background.

Edited by 54

2 was absolutely incredible for it's writing and story. It's very rare for me to care about characters in video games, especially when it's not main characters, but 2 does such a good job of building up the entire crew. 

On 08/11/2022 at 10:44, relámpago blanco said:

Ive never played any mass effect game.  Is it worth it?

What the hell is wrong with you ? It's a game in space, with guns and powers...........and you can fall in love with the most gorgeous blue Asari lady, who has the most amazingly dreamy voice.

If you play anything, and I mean anything it has to be this, and from the beginning despite how dated the first one looks......it's heaven, honestly utter heaven.

Edited by Bimpy474

On 08/11/2022 at 11:55, Coco said:

Legendary Edition is all three remastered and is part of gamepass. Definitely recommend a look if you like RPGs and have never played it before. First one is still clunky though. :lol:

if you're a masochist the original mass effect 1 is also on game pass 

• 3 weeks later...